Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Legal advice at Dunham's - not even once.

I was at the Warren Dunham's tonight, and I overheard a young man trying to buy a shockwave type "firearm".
    As the gun clerk was trying to prepare his background check, the young man asked if he could carry it as a pistol in the car with him.
    The Dunham's clerk told him yes because it was short, he could register it as a pistol.
    I interrupted and informed them both that the clerk was thinking of the law BEFORE 2013, and that the gun was longer than 26" so it could not be considered or carried as a pistol.
    So the clerk said "oh yeah, you have to make it shorter than 26, then you can register it as a pistol"
    I interrupted again and said that making it under 26" would put it into AOW territory, and that would be a federal felony.
    The clerk didn't have much to say after that.

I gave the potential purchaser my cell phone number and asked him to call me with gun legal questions so I could try to steer him to the right answers, because listening to the Dunham's guy would land him in prison. The guy asked who I worked with (i've seen a few gun "experts" around this part of town trying to give cards out to get clients), and I just said "nobody man. i'm just trying to keep you out of prison." I told him I just know a little bit about shotguns and would be happy to help.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

And tomorrow that same dumbazz employee will start his day all over again giving out legal information that will put people in prison!

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I was at the Warren Dunham's tonight, and I overheard a young man trying to buy a shockwave type "firearm".
    As the gun clerk was trying to prepare his background check, the young man asked if he could carry it as a pistol in the car with him.
    The Dunham's clerk told him yes because it was short, he could register it as a pistol.
    I interrupted and informed them both that the clerk was thinking of the law BEFORE 2013, and that the gun was longer than 26" so it could not be considered or carried as a pistol.
    So the clerk said "oh yeah, you have to make it shorter than 26, then you can register it as a pistol"
    I interrupted again and said that making it under 26" would put it into AOW territory, and that would be a federal felony.
    The clerk didn't have much to say after that.

I gave the potential purchaser my cell phone number and asked him to call me with gun legal questions so I could try to steer him to the right answers, because listening to the Dunham's guy would land him in prison. The guy asked who I worked with (i've seen a few gun "experts" around this part of town trying to give cards out to get clients), and I just said "nobody man. i'm just trying to keep you out of prison." I told him I just know a little bit about shotguns and would be happy to help.
    We all need to carry some tri-folds in our cars... take them into sporting good stores for such an occasion.. (That started off as YOU ought to.....though better of putting it all on you).

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by LivoniaDan View Post
    We all need to carry some tri-folds in our cars... take them into sporting good stores for such an occasion.. (That started off as YOU ought to.....though better of putting it all on you).
    not a bad idea.I wonder if we could be able to leave some at the counter.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.