Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

9mm Slide for RIA 1911 Compact

Just picked up a nice RIA 1911 Compact in 45. Does anybody make a drop in 9mm slide? ALos, who makes decent after market sights for that?
    thanks

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McNasty View Post
    Just picked up a nice RIA 1911 Compact in 45. Does anybody make a drop in 9mm slide? ALos, who makes decent after market sights for that?
    thanks
    fleabay has a few RIA 9mm slides .. And yes, most 1911 compact and some Officer size slides will WORK ( but may need a bit of fitting..)

The ejector will need to be swapped out and there may be a feed ramp angle issue that may effect feeding as well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderin300 View Post
    The ejector will need to be swapped out and there may be a feed ramp angle issue that may effect feeding as well.
    not so...

to "convert" 45 to 9mm you need a new top end.. slide, barrel and all. unless you put the wrong ejector in the 9mm slide..

ramps on 1911 are what they are . 99% work well, as they are built into the barrel. which is changed .. usually MAGS cause more issues than ramps.

I am a Forum User
    thanks guys