Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    MUCC sound like a bunch of idiots if they don't support this.
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...12#post3124612

Where is the BoD on this topic?
    Michigan Gun Owners Member
    Michigan Open Carry Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    MUCC sound like a bunch of idiots if they don't support this.
    If you listen/watch the testimony, you'll see that MUCC appeared to be for this, but because their members voted against something like this years ago, it is still their stance. The members spoke and MUCC is relaying their wish.

I think Dave is on the right track - our BOD should draft a letter to MUCC in support of this bill as well as CC it to important legislative contacts.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    If you listen/watch the testimony, you'll see that MUCC appeared to be for this, but because their members voted against something like this years ago, it is still their stance. The members spoke and MUCC is relaying their wish.

I think Dave is on the right track - our BOD should draft a letter to MUCC in support of this bill as well as CC it to important legislative contacts.
    When the MUCC speaks, it speaks for all of the members of its affiliates. We agree with the herd because we joined the herd. What do we get from MUCC? What do we lose if we dissolve the formal relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    When the MUCC speaks, it speaks for all of the members of its affiliates. We agree with the herd because we joined the herd. What do we get from MUCC? What do we lose if we dissolve the formal relationship?
    I posted in the ask the BoD on 5/8/19, and so far crickets.
    Michigan Gun Owners Member
    Michigan Open Carry Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dmd7765 View Post
    I posted in the ask the BoD on 5/8/19, and so far crickets.
    This is a holiday weekend! From past posts of a member of the EC, it looks like it doesn't count.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4331 of 2019
    Weapons; firearms; transportation of firearm in off-road vehicle; allow under certain circumstances. Amends sec. 40111 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.40111).
    Last Action: 5/14/2019 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...1-CB097BF2.pdf
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post

And on the subject of this bill, I see that they are doing one of the typical stalls. Shift it to another committee rather than give it a vote and bring it to the floor.
    No, they aren't doing "one of the typical stalls".

Bills generally have to go through one of the four "super committees" (Ways and Means, Judiciary, Approps, Government Operations) or a special/select committee before hitting the floor.

This is spelled out in Rule 38 of the House rules (https://www.legislature.mi.gov/Publi...ouse_rules.pdf)

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9991 View Post
    Can someone clear this up? You can conceal carry with no licsence on your own property correct, and the reason we cant have loaded guns in cars with no cpl is because they are concealed from public view in the car. Just doesn't make sense
    No.

Concealed carry was banned 1887-1911.
    Gun boards were created in 1911 and CC required a license (license only needed in Kent and Wayne).
    Concealed gun permit was required statewide for concealed carry in 1925.
    Concealed pistol license was created in 1927 for concealed carry AND for inside a vehicle, whether concealed or open. Vehicles were added as they were becoming more common and prohibition didn’t help this. Many states added vehicles to their concealed weapons statutes and many repealed vehicle provisions decades ago... but not Pure Michigan.

No statute prohibited long guns in vehicles except for black people as they were charged with 750.227(1)as having a “dangerous weapon” in a vehicle.

The Smith case in the 1970’s ended that practice.
    Frank Kelly and the democrats cried about it so in 1981, 750.227c and 227d were created.

Currently you can have a pistol or other weapon mentioned in 750.227 on your property in any manner. This is not applicable to firearms other than a pistol when it comes to having them in or upon a motorized vehicle.

I am a Forum User
    Gongwer News Service says this bill was the subject of a hot debate in the House Judiciary Committee yesterday. Their story is behind a paywall.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4331 of 2019
    Weapons; firearms; transportation of firearm in off-road vehicle; allow under certain circumstances. Amends sec. 40111 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.40111).
    Last Action: 5/21/2019 referred to second reading
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast