Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Response from Rep. Vaupel's office today:

Thank you for your willingness to testify in support of HB 4331. Our office will contact you if the opportunity for your assistance arises. We appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    "in or upon ANY vehicle". That would include a tractor.
    I have to ask. How about bicycles?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    And unicycles?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    And unicycles?
    And tricycles…
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    And tricycles…

And horses. People have gotten DUI's on horseback.

Wheelchair?
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    "in or upon ANY vehicle". That would include a tractor.
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    And unicycles?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    And tricycles…
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    Wheelchair?
    Not so much any of these. The (one of dozens in MCL) definition of vehicle in this Chapter and Part is just a little above this section in the lists of sections, and is the one that should apply.

MCL 324-40104
    Sec. 40104.

(1) “Take” means to hunt with any weapon, dog, raptor, or other wild or domestic animal trained for that purpose; kill; chase; follow; harass; harm; pursue; shoot; rob; trap; capture; or collect animals, or to attempt to engage in such an activity.

(2) “Transport” means to carry or ship animals within this state or to points outside this state.

(3) “Trap” means taking or attempting to take animals by means of a trap or other device designed to kill or capture animals.

(4) “Vehicle” means every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported, except devices exclusively moved by human power.

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    And horses. People have gotten DUI's on horseback.
    Nope a horse would not be included in this one.

But I would still question a DUI or OUIL on horse back. I don't think a ridden horse qualifies as a vehicle unless it was pulling a cart or buggy of some sort. The charge would, or should be "drunk and disorderly" if the guy was actually being disruptive in behavior, not just riding a horse drunk. A good lawyer should have been able to get a DUI dropped.
    Last edited by Roundballer; 03-29-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Such a good practical point

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    But I would still question a DUI or OUIL on horse back. I don't think a ridden horse qualifies as a vehicle unless it was pulling a cart or buggy of some sort. The charge would, or should be "drunk and disorderly" if the guy was actually being disruptive in behavior, not just riding a horse drunk. A good lawyer should have been able to get a DUI dropped.

In days of yore, I recall stories of some of the farmers going into town on the weekend with a horse and buckboard and frequenting the tavern. When it was time to go home the person, who was pretty well in the bag, was thrown into the buckboard and the horse would take the guy home. I believe this was a low technology autonomous vehicle.

I am a Forum User
    new electric bikes seem to qualify.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast