Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

SB 1118 of 2020 - Allow for electronic submission of firearms registration by purchasers

SB 1118 of 2020
    Weapons: firearms; submission of firearm registration; allow to be sent electronically by dealers. Amends secs. 1, 2 & 2a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.421 et seq.).
    Last Action: 9/16/2020 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY AND PUBLIC SAFETY
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I'd like to see registration go away not get stronger. It seems this is really pushing for forcing a person to choose what law to break ( misdemeanor for failing to register or felony for lying on a RI-060, RI-010 as seller and buyer ) as I didn't see any exceptions for say an AR or AK build into a pistol or moving into Michigan.
    After over 100 years with what amounts to 0% help in any law enforcement action why do we still have this?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    ... as I didn't see any exceptions for say an AR or AK build into a pistol or moving into Michigan.
    You don't need an "exception" written into a law when the law already covers the fact that you complete RI-060 and RI-010 for PURCHASES (transfer of ownership), not building or assembling firearms.

Those forms are PURCHASE TRANSACTION records, not BIRTH CERTIFICATES.

A pointless move towards a paperless society. I agree that it needs fixing or deletion, not screwing around with, example:

(4) Applications An applicant for licenses a license under this section shall be signed by the applicant sign the application under oath upon forms on a form provided by the director of the department of state police.
    First: they change the subject from the paper and/or the action, the Application, to the person, An applicant. Then they leave in the pointless "under oath" portion, didn't the person just prove who they were and get a background check done? So why the "under oath" which they interpret as Notarized.

And that is just ONE SENTENCE.

How did we gather so many rinos into our government?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Sounds like a run-up to "easy and painless" universal registration.

I'm a firm "no" on this one.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

Once it is digital it never goes away

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    Once it is digital it never goes away
    It's already digitally entered into a data base now, once it gets to the MSP HQ. And, probably into a local county data base by the sheriff before it gets sent to the MSP.

Registration in of itself needs to be done away with, but will never happen till we quit electing dems and wimpy repubs.

MGO Board of Directors

SB 1118 of 2020
    Weapons: firearms; submission of firearm registration; allow to be sent electronically by dealers. Amends secs. 1, 2 & 2a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.421 et seq.).
    Last Action: 11/4/2020 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...SFA-1118-G.pdf
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Gets around having an out of state permit/license.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Gets around having an out of state permit/license.
    The exemption for those that have an out of State carry license is still there, it is in a separate section of the laws.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast