Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Banned

Boyd custom stock question?

I am looking at the Boyd custom stock with adjustable comb and length of pull. I believe it is the AT-one. My question is does anyone have any experience with this stock on a larger caliber rifle? Is it of good enough quality to hold up to a 6.5 Creedmoor recoil? Is the length of pull butt pad just going to knock in on every shot? I just find it hard to believe that a $200 stock is going to hold up to the abuse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

While I have no direct experience with the round, or the stock, 6.5 Creedmoor is a fairly light recoiling round.

https://www.snipercountry.com/6-5-creedmoor-vs-243/

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Country
    From this graph, we see that the 6.5 CM rounds have anywhere from 3-9 more ft.lbs of energy than the .243 Win rounds. It’s pretty obvious that the 6.5 CM rounds generate more recoil, but we have to put it into perspective. The amount of recoil that the 6.5 CM rounds are generating are still relatively light compared to other hunting and long range rounds.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Banned
    Ok should hold up then. Thank you very much

I am a Forum User
    You get what you pay for. Nobody likes to hear it but it's the fact of the matter.
    The stock will hold up to the recoil of a 6.5cm. it will hold up to the recoil of a 30.06. I know a couple guys who have bought them and seem to be happy for the price as an entry level stock. It's better than the plastic junk the manufacturers pass off as a stock but nothing near a KRG, B&C, McMillan, MDT, HS Precision, or other high quality adjustable stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    You get what you pay for. Nobody likes to hear it but it's the fact of the matter.
    The stock will hold up to the recoil of a 6.5cm. it will hold up to the recoil of a 30.06. I know a couple guys who have bought them and seem to be happy for the price as an entry level stock. It's better than the plastic junk the manufacturers pass off as a stock but nothing near a KRG, B&C, McMillan, MDT, HS Precision, or other high quality adjustable stock.
    Excellent summation.

I have installed a few Boyd's stocks over the years; the quality is about on par with inexpensive factory offerings... which is precisely what they are. Boyd's supplies stocks to OEM's.

The stocks I have installed all needed a bit of final fitting, but I like to bed the actions, so it wasn't a concern. It's a nice way to upgrade, without spending $800+ for a stock. But, the $800 stock sure is a lot nicer! Do you need a Chevy Cruze to get you back and forth to work, or do you want the Cadillac CTS-V that gets you anywhere with comfort, style, and awesome performance?
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    I have used the AT-One. Very nice for the money and perfect to any short action. The one I built was a .308 and shot very well.