Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Banned

Ruger American Predator owners?

I just purchased a RAR predator in 6.5 creedmoor. I also chose a vortex crossfire ii 4-12 x44 scope.

My question...the store only had a set of really crappy rings left so still need scope rings. Can you guys suggest a good pair to me and what height do you suggest for a completely stock Ruger American gun? I was thinking low as the comb doesn't seem overly tall. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Good rings make a difference, I use the Vortex precision rings (made by Seekins), I also like Warne Maxima and Leupold Mk 4 or 6. In terms of height, if your stock does not have an adjustable comb, put your face on the rifle in a comfortable manner and have a friend raise/lower the scope to find a height that is comfortable. With a 44mm scope on a bolt gun you should be good with most scope heights. Lower is generally better as you diminish the sight to bore axis difference, but comfort is more important. Midway has the 1 piece Leupold Mk4 rings on sell now for 50% off in the clearance section (don't forget to but the base and the scope rings, $75 for both).

I put Burris Signature rings on my Ruger American
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    I went with Leupold rings on my American .450, med height (don't remember the exact model, but think it was this series) for a 3x9x40 scope. They are rock solid, and cheaper than MSRP - I think around $55 from Jay's. The eye height is good and it is a tack driver.

I am a Forum User
    I cant remember the brand but I definitely enjoy the mediums.

I bought three sets of warne steel rings lately, seemed pretty nice. Especially for the price, they are fairly priced.