Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Williams gun sight is offering a demo days event Mar, 15th-17Th IIRC. They are offering a Walther rep on site, sale prices and free range trials with Walther pistols if any are interested.
    15th-16th only. will not be there on the 17th.
    I called and asked, because I wanted to go on the 17th
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    15th-16th only. will not be there on the 17th.
    I called and asked, because I wanted to go on the 17th
    Stand corrected. I was going off what I thought I remembered from reading their flier I got yesterday in a e mail
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    out of the box, the best trigger you're going to find on a production gun. It's better than many upgraded triggers.
    Walther has been giving you 3 different size backstraps with many of their guns for over 20 years.
    The basic sights on a ppq are amazingly easy to adjust or swap out.
    It has a finish that's very protective.
    so no, it doesn't have any one thing that nobody else does, but it has a whole lot of things that many other guns make you pay more to get. but they dont' charge extra for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Plus, it is ambi, ergonomic, and contoured where it should be. Carries much smaller than its footprint.
    I like the ppq enough, just guess I am not as wowed as you guys, i like the trigger guard mag release, but all things equal, not trying to be brand loyal, cool, nothing like that, I think I would get a vp9 if i got a new 9mm striker fired.

It does seem fair priced, I have a bunch of friends with wathers and a bunch with ppq. Three girls im friends with have ppqs. It has appeal.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I like the ppq enough, just guess I am not as wowed as you guys, i like the trigger guard mag release, but all things equal, not trying to be brand loyal, cool, nothing like that, I think I would get a vp9 if i got a new 9mm striker fired.

It does seem fair priced, I have a bunch of friends with wathers and a bunch with ppq. Three girls im friends with have ppqs. It has appeal.
    VP9 is a fantastic gun too. I had one when they first came out, but traded it for walther ppqm2. I definitely like the side panels on the vp9 though.
    and yes, between the vp9 and ppq, it's brand loyalty. I'd take either one over offerings from the other brands out there.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    I am an HK owner, a USP, but the VP9 never did it for me for a few reasons. The grip is nice sure, but the butt tang of the grip frame is too big for a striker fired gun. If they kept the same profile of the P30 (and the stipple pattern too) then it would be much nicer IMHO. Also not a fan of the polymer gripping nubs on the slide serrations. Nit-picking sure, but between the two (PPQ & VP9), the PPQ seems to be a bit better thought out. Plus, I have a PPQ22 which is identical dimensionally to the PPQ M2 with medium backstrap installed. Makes for cheap training (suppressed soon!) for the same manual of arms and is great for my wife as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12