Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Cowitness sight recommendations

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a Gen 5 Glock 17 MOS. This is my first glock. I will be mounting a Vortex Venom 3 moa dot. I am just curious what are my options for Suppressor height sights that will provide a lower 1/3 cowitness. If anyone has a setup that they love please chime in!

I am pretty sure any of major sight makers will be good for you. Trijicon, AmeriGlow, etc all make suppressor height pistol sights. You just need to be very careful and make sure whatever you buy specifically says they are suppressor height. After that, pistol iron sights are kinda like pizza crust - everyone has a favorite and families have been split asunder because of it.

One thing to consider is the mounting option for the Venom. If there is a standard relief cut in the slide and you are bolting the Venon on the slide directly, then standard suppressor sights are good to go.

If you have to attach the venom to a mounting plate, some manufacturers make them with the rear sight built into the plate. They are specifically designed for this purpose, to have iron sights with a red dot. If that is the case you will need to pay attention and purchase the front sight that matches it or to buy a front sight from the of recommended ones on the manufacturers web site.
    happy_gunner
    Proud Veteran & American
    In God We Trust