Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Makarov shooting way left

Sights look straight nothing looks bent, I shoot my larger handguns accurately. Could it be that since I have big hands my trigger finger isn't in the best position because I can definitely notice that, as in I'm pushing the front end left with each shot?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Right handed?

I am a Forum User
    Yea right handed

I am a Forum User
    Most likely you are 'pushing' the trigger, pushing the entire pistol to the left after the sear releases the hammer. Try catching the center line of trigger with the joint between the distal (outermost) and intermediate phalanges of your trigger finger. This can offset the push.

You probably have long fingers and are not getting a strong grip on the pistol because your shooting hand fingertips are touching or close to touching your palm. An ideal pistol grip size should have your fingertips about an inch from your palm when loosely gripped.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Most likely you are 'pushing' the trigger, pushing the entire pistol to the left after the sear releases the hammer. Try catching the center line of trigger with the joint between the distal (outermost) and intermediate phalanges of your trigger finger. This can offset the push.

You probably have long fingers and are not getting a strong grip on the pistol because your shooting hand fingertips are touching or close to touching your palm. An ideal pistol grip size should have your fingertips about an inch from your palm when loosely gripped.
    I got a bunch of ammo in the mail this week, I'll spend some time out on the range figuring it out

I am a Forum User
    When you take you shot, pull the trigger VERY slow. I mean like take 20 seconds for the trigger pull. The whole time keep your sights aligned. The point is to make sure you dont know when the trigger will break and the gun fires. This should eliminate any jerking or recoil anticipation you might have. If you do this and the gun still shoots off to the left, its probably the sights are off. If you do this and it fixes the problem its something in your shooting technique. Another way to check it is have someone else shoot the gun using the slow trigger pull I described and see if they get the same results.

[Sorry if this would be considered a thread hijack, if so just ignore me.] Something similar happened with my Saiga after I put my SIG Romeo 5 on it I got for my birthday. Aiming center mass on a silhouette target at 15~ yards my slugs were hitting around the pelvis. I always was about on target with it, it was my first gun after all and I even could wingshoot geese with it. Could the red dot really be that off from the factory I must I have been spazzing somehow?

Banned
    Just have a few other seasoned shooters shoot it. You will find out soon that it most likely isn't the gun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    Try some lighter wolff springs

I am a Forum User
    Try shooting off sandbags to verify