Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

M&P Shield 1.0 Trigger Upgrade?

I have a bone stock M&P Shield 1.0 and I've heard a lot of people upgrading the trigger to an apex trigger and whatnot.

Is the stock trigger something of a flaw with this pistol, or is upgrading it more of a personal preference to the shooter?

I'm planning on using mine for EDC/SD.

Thanks.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by rebilacx View Post
    I have a bone stock M&P Shield 1.0 and I've heard a lot of people upgrading the trigger to an apex trigger and whatnot.

Is the stock trigger something of a flaw with this pistol, or is upgrading it more of a personal preference to the shooter?

I'm planning on using mine for EDC/SD.

Thanks.
    The brand new S&W M&P Shield 1.0 that I bought in SE Michigan, came with a 10 lb trigger pull.
    I called S&W to complain.
    They sent a box for me to ship it back in (free).
    They returned it (free) with a smooth 5lb trigger.
    I'm happy with it now. Not as nice as my 1911 trigger, but what is (that is a rhetorical question, not an invitation for a debate)?
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member Forum User
    Ty. I just bought mine yesterday, so I haven't fired it yet. I think I'll put a box or two through it and try to see how it feels as a whole, then decide about the trigger.

I am a Forum User
    Doug over at ATEI does amazing things with MnP pistols

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MGO Member Forum User
    Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll check him out.

I am a Forum User
    Most of my M&P's have ended up with an Apex kit in them. It really is how they should come from the factory. My latest got their Forward Set Sear as well, very nice setup, my groupings at 25 feet got about half the size.

MGO Member Forum User
    How much is the apex trigger on average? I've seen anywhere from $75 to $200 online.

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    The brand new S&W M&P Shield 1.0 that I bought in SE Michigan, came with a 10 lb trigger pull.
    I'm happy with it now. Not as nice as my 1911 trigger, but what is (that is a rhetorical question, not an invitation for a debate)?
    well for free that sounds like a no brainer. Do that OP.

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    well for free that sounds like a no brainer. OP Do that.

I am a Forum User
    Just thought I should add this..
    the factory trigger may be satisfactory for SD situations,
    but if you want to target shoot, almost every pistol will see smaller groupings after some trigger work has been done.
    Few pistols come with out of the box with a trigger that's conducive to optimal accuracy.

There is some truth to the belief that a SD pistol shouldn't have a too light trigger pull,
    as a stressful encounter could result in an unintentional shooting.

It's up to each gun owner to decide how light a trigger pull is acceptable for a SD weapon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast