Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

American Reloading 9mm 115/124/147gr Hydra/Hi Shok mix 500 ct (review)

I recently ordered some 9mm pulled bullets from American Reloading & thought I'd post
    some information I learned from placing this order. I've ordered a few times from
    American Reloading & they have always delivered what was ordered in a fairly timely manner.

As they had a 25% off their 9mm bullets sale, decided to order (2) 500 ct pkgs.. for 1000 JHP bullets.
    The mix was to be a mix of 115gr, 124 gr, & 147 gr bullets..no claim was made on what % of each weight would be included.

Pkg. arrived yesterday & since it was a rainy day today, decided to sort the bullets.
    1st surprise was packaging (thought it was funny the box had a "Fragile-handle carefully" sticker)
    after opening the box, instead of 2 pkgs. of 500 bullets, I had a large, single bag containing all 1k bullets.
    The bag seemed to be made of thick, nylon string reinforced tape..very strong.
    No bullets had escaped the bag, (so maybe the pkg was handled carefully )

Began separating the bullets, the 147 gr bullets, being considerably longer, were easiest to spot
    The 115gr were also easy to spot , being much shorter shorter.

2nd surprise was.. the order was mostly the 147 gr bullets.. 614 of them .
    There were 439 of the 115gr JHP's & only 59 of the 124 gr bullets, when weighed were actually 122gr..
    (the 115gr bullets weighed 115 gr, & 147gr weighed..yes, 147 gr.)

Those not mathematically challenged will note , the order contained > 1K bullets.. 1112 of those I listed,
    there were 6 asst. different JHP bullets, including (2) .357" sized 135gr bullets..
    Gotta pay close attention when sorting an assortment of bullets.

I am satisfied with my purchase of American Reloading's pulled 9mm JHP bullets..
    over 1100 JHP bullets , shipped, for just under $80.00 seemed like a good deal.
    YMMV..

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the report on these. I have thought about them, but never ordered. I usually jump on the HST 125's when they are in stock and 25% off. I just got 1500 bullets from them on the 25% off sale. 1000 TMJ round nose and 500 jacketed FP. TMJ we're listed as jacketed, but crimp marks look more like they are cooper clad. Flat points look good. Planning to start working up loads soon.