Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Kentucky Goes Constitutional Carry

Will it ever be Michigan?
    Kentucky Becomes 16th Permitless Carry State

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    March 2nd. 2019

Gov. Matt Bevin (R) made clear Friday he will sign legislation to eliminate Kentucky’s requirement that residents get a permit from the state before carrying a gun concealed for self-defense. On March 1, 2019, Breitbart News reported that the Kentucky House passed legislation to eliminate the state-level requirement for a permit to carry a concealed handgun. The House passed the legislation by a vote of 60-37 roughly two weeks after the Kentucky Senate passed the legislation by a vote of 29-8.

WYMT/AP/WKYT quoted Bevin describing the bill as classic “constitutional carry” legislation. He stressed that the legislation is an affirmation of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Last edited by Smokepole; 03-03-2019 at 08:34 AM.

MGO Member
    Constitutional carry is the new Shall Issue. It's slowly sweeping the country. Hopefully, it will reach Michigan. Though I fear we are going to have to wait at least 4 years.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

Quote Originally Posted by jmonarch View Post
    Constitutional carry is the new Shall Issue. It's slowly sweeping the country. Hopefully, it will reach Michigan. Though I fear we are going to have to wait at least 4 years.
    Maybe, maybe not. Jenny signed all that we needed to get "shall issue" into place. I still firmly believe that she did it so that she would not have a record of having her veto over-ridden by legislature. They have been known to do that, at even greater numbers than what passed the bill to begin with. They are a like a group of petulant children when they get told no, for no good reason.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    If it involves any loss of revenue, for any reason, it will never happen in Michigan - regardless of which party is in the majority. Saw a story on the news tonight that indicated women want to remove the sales tax on feminine hygiene products, calling it the "Tampon Tax". Legislators are already on record saying that they will have to replace the tax with something else, as the loss of revenue would be unbearable.
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    If it involves any loss of revenue, for any reason, it will never happen in Michigan - regardless of which party is in the majority. Saw a story on the news tonight that indicated women want to remove the sales tax on feminine hygiene products, calling it the "Tampon Tax". Legislators are already on record saying that they will have to replace the tax with something else, as the loss of revenue would be unbearable.
    Put the tax increase on yoga pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    Put the tax increase on yoga pants.
    Along with size restrictions. There are women out there that should NOT be wearing them.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Along with size restrictions. There are women out there that should NOT be wearing them.
    Ain't that the truth. Wal-Martians.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.