Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Should I renew CPL now, or wait and hope for legislation changes?

Yeah, I know the odds of the new governor being even worse than the old governor, but there were a couple of bills started that dealt with costs and the time it is valid. I have until August. So what say ye?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    Yeah, I know the odds of the new governor being even worse than the old governor, but there were a couple of bills started that dealt with costs and the time it is valid. I have until August. So what say ye?
    IIRC, If they extend the time it's valid past 5 years then you'll lose the background check exemption and would have to get a purchase permit for private purchases of handguns (IANAL so maybe one will correct me here). But if that's the case, I'd rather renew once every five years than deal with a purchase permit every time I want to buy a pistol from an MGO'r.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    As long as you renew before the actual expiration date, you can use your current CPL and the receipt that you paid to renew to prove you're still G2G until your new one arrives. That gives you a little more time.

That being said, there's probably no chance in hell the current legislation is going to change anytime soon. What's $115 over five years to be able to concealed carry and possibly protect your life or the life of someone else? Seems like a pretty easy answer to me.

Would still need a CPL to travel too. CC is only good in the state you live in. AFAIK.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Banned
    Just renew it isn't that much money to even worry that much about.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did it online...