Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Keith Olbermann Sics One Million Twitter Followers on a Young Turkey Hunter

Any hunter who thinks that only gun owners are in jeopardy from the Left should read this story from The Gateway Pundit:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...a-living-hell/

Keith Olbermann Sics His One Million Twitter Followers on a Young Turkey Hunter; Urges They Make Rest of His Life a “Living Hell”
    Kristinn Taylor - March 27, 2019

Outraged at a Mississippi man who lawfully hunted and killed a a rare white feathered turkey during turkey season, ESPN host Keith Olbermann named the hunter and urged his 1.08 million Twitter followers to “make sure the rest of his life is a living hell.”

“It be rare and beautiful so me should kill it. This pea-brained scumbag identifies himself as Hunter Waltman and we should do our best to make sure the rest of his life is a living hell. And the nitwit clown who wrote this fawning piece should be fired.”

This pea-brained scumbag identifies himself as Hunter Waltman and we should do our best to make sure the rest of his life is a living hell. And the nitwit clown who wrote this fawning piece should be fired. https://t.co/KdU3Bkg104

— Keith Olbermann (@KeithOlbermann) March 26, 2019

Olbermann issued his threat to the hunter in reference to a story by the Mississippi Clarion Ledger:

Color variations certainly exist among wild turkeys, but what this hunter harvested may be among the most unusual ever taken in Mississippi.

“I’ve been having him on camera all year since back in October,” said Hunter Waltman of Kiln. “My neighbor told me about him.

“When I bought the property he said he’d seen a white gobbler out there before. He’s been hanging around for three years.”

The bird’s plumage was solid white. His spurs and nails were white, too. His beard was black. His eyes were the same as a normal turkey, so that ruled out albinism. He was an anomaly in the world of turkeys.

…It was at about 60 yards,” Waltman said. “I was second-guessing myself. I was using my buddy’s gun and he said it was good at 50 to 60 yards, so I went ahead and shot.”

The gun’s pattern held up at 60 yards and the bird dropped. Waltman was shaken by the experience.

“Man, it was awesome,” Waltman said. “I was shaking I was so nervous. It was one of the hardest turkeys I’ve ever killed.”…

The Free Beacon’s Alex Griswold received a comment from ESPN regarding Olbermann, “”We have spoken to him about not making personal attacks.””

Just got an ESPN statement on Keith Olbermann siccing his million or so follower on a turkey hunter and asking them to make his life a "living hell":

"We have spoken to him about not making personal attacks.”https://t.co/o7YrZB5Qgc

— Alex Griswold (@HashtagGriswold) March 27, 2019

Sam Hall, executive editor of the Clarion Ledger responded to Olbermann on Twitter, standing by his reporter Brian Broom and condemning Olbermann’s attack on the hunter as potentially having “dangerous consequences”.

“.@KeithOlbermann says @BrianBroom should be fired for writing this story. What was I thinking? I guess I should have fired our outdoors writer for writing about a hunter killing an unusual turkey during turkey hunting season.”

“Oh well. I guess the only thing to do now is wait for @BrianBroom‘s next terrific piece. He has many, if you want to check them out.”

“Keith Olbermann‘s tweet was recklessly irresponsible. Someone with his following needs to understand the possible impact of his words. Telling over 1 million people to make someone’s life a living hell could have seriously dangerous consequences.”

“In our newsroom, that would be a fireable offense, not writing a story about a hunter bagging a turkey.”

.@KeithOlbermann says @BrianBroom should be fired for writing this story. What was I thinking? I guess I should have fired our outdoors writer for writing about a hunter killing an unusual turkey during turkey hunting season. https://t.co/3lhrtlwlQO

— Sam R. Hall (@samrhall) March 26, 2019

Keith Olbermann‘s tweet was recklessly irresponsible. Someone with his following needs to understand the possible impact of his words. Telling over 1 million people to make someone’s life a living hell could have seriously dangerous consequences.

— Sam R. Hall (@samrhall) March 27, 2019

In our newsroom, that would be a fireable offense, not writing a story about a hunter bagging a turkey.

Olbermann’s tweet directing eternal harassment at a private citizen is still up on Twitter after 24 hours.

Hall reported Wednesday afternoon the hunter would be happy to see ESPN fire Olbermann.

The Mississippi hunter @KeithOlbermann went after for killing an albino turkey says he would be happy to see Olbermann fired from @espn for the threats he’s now receiving. https://t.co/d4ZjvWQ0Ym

Paging Lin Wood…
    My father was roundly criticized many years ago for taking a beautiful, full albino deer up north, an act which was subsequently prohibited by Michigan law.

Hate to break it to these clowns. Even albino animals are going to die eventually.....and be replaced by others yet to be born.

Mounted by a taxidermist and displayed proudly beats rotting as a fetid carcass in a swamp.

Mounted by a taxidermist and displayed proudly beats rotting as a fetid carcass in a swamp.

Be patient -- Trump has been steadily working at clearing the 'swamp' lately.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Hate to break it to these clowns. Even albino animals are going to die eventually.....and be replaced by others yet to be born.
    It's a pretty easy argument to make that albino animals would die SOONER than regular animals. Unless they're living in an all white snowy environment 365 days a year, there's not a lot of "eventually" about it.
    After all, albinism is genetic - if it presented a benefit to survival and reproduction, it wouldn't be so rare. That being said - this turkey wasn't truly albino... but the same rules apply.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Any hunter who thinks that only gun owners are in jeopardy from the Left should read this story from The Gateway Pundit:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...a-living-hell/

My father was roundly criticized many years ago for taking a beautiful, full albino deer up north, an act which was subsequently prohibited by Michigan law.

That was your dad? Wow he took s beating! Sorry man.

MGO Member
    You seem to he out of the loop, it's not bullying, if you're a member of the liberal media or a liberal in general.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member