Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

CA High Capacity Mag Ban Ruled Unconstitutional

In the case of Duncan v. Becerra, Judge Roger T. Benitez of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California has ruled that the law violates the 2nd Amendment and has permanently barred the state from enforcing the current law. This comes on the heels of last years 3 judge 9th Circuit panel ruling that let stand Judge Benitez ruling suspending enforcement in the first place.

I have no doubt that it will be appealed to an en banc session of the 9th, and then on to SCOTUS.

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/...ntiffs-MSJ.pdf

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

holy crap what is going on with the courts lately?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    holy crap what is going on with the courts lately?
    Judge Benitez was a refugee from Castro's Cuba many years ago. Now that he is on senior status, he doesn't seem the need to play the usual 9th Circus politics.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Judge Benitez was a refugee from Castro's Cuba many years ago. Now that he is on senior status, he doesn't seem the need to play the usual 9th Circus politics.
    ah, so the exact same reason trump won florida - cuban refugees do not subscribe to progressive ideology, regardless of how the media insists all brown people think the same way.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Yeah I saw this this morning. That's excellent. Mee girl also have mag cap laws? Any others?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Crap. Phone. New York also have mag cap laws?

How many threads do we have going on this?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Everyone and their mother prolly posted it, it's great news nonetheless

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by irocss85 View Post
    Crap. Phone. New York also have mag cap laws?

New Jersey as well...sure there are others.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    https://apnews.com/9a5da7c4bbb741569...kKSOdBCg9cumDU

Everything was all sold out. I basically took whatever I could get. People loved it. It was like we were out of prison and were not treated like ******* stepchildren of the country anymore.
    -Chris Puehse, Owner, Foothill Ammo

The pipeline was open and it was flowing, on all platforms — people showing up (in stores), online — I’m guessing that UPS and FedEx had a field day. It was a frenzy.
    -Gun Owners of California president Sam Paredes

I don't know how they are getting that number, but with 2.5 million LEGAL gun owners in the state, LEGALLY owning 20 million guns, you sure could get to a million mags pretty quick.

Of course, the anti's are trying to downplay the whole thing. The Giffords Law Center in San Francisco hasn't seen evidence to back up the number, and says gun groups are probably inflating the numbers.

They have a very specific purpose and intent here to try to set up for the court that these are devices that are very commonly used and possessed.
    -Ari Freilich, California Legislative Affairs Director, Giffords Law Center

It lets them argue that there’s no way to un-ring the bell.
    -Hannah Shearer, Litigation Director, Giffords Law Center

News flash you morons: THEY ARE COMMONLY USED AND POSSESSED.