Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member

Frog Lube , Yes or no.

Has anyone used Frog Lube for a long time ? Does it gum up after long storage?
    Thanks

I am a Forum User
    Frog Lube blows

MGO Member
    Can you elaborate?

MGO Member
    Since 2013. At first it gummed up and I was upset. Ends up I didn’t apply it correctly. If you use it sparingly, it is fantastic. Used on everything from ARs to 1911s.
    Last edited by Starvin48; 03-31-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

I am a Forum User
    Frog Lube is mostly coconut oil, one of the more stable organic oils. The main issue which arises in its use as a lubricant is its cold temperature properties. It thickens dramatically at low temperatures.

It has good oxidation resistance (it can absorb a lot of oxygen without chemically reacting), so it will resist rancidification (gumming up) for a long time. Just not as long as your typical mineral oil.

As long as mice and rats do not have access to your firearms and you keep them warm, it should not cause you any issues.

I tried it for a while. It does get a little gummy in the cold, but it didn't seem to create any issues. It's not a miracle lube, just a different material, lots out there.

To each their own. It was attractive to me for the non-toxic properties.

I've since gone with Slip 2000 and have been completely satisfied.

I use coconut oil to cook, if it's not 70 outside it solidifies. No experience on frog lube, they seem shifty in that they sued the kid who busted them for selling coconut oil, tried to ruin him.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 03-31-2019 at 01:40 PM.

I am a Forum User
    It is excellent for cleaning and lubrication. It also provides a nice conditioning coat on the whole firearm protecting it and bringing up a nice luster in the appearance. I use it mostly on my handguns. The only problem I had was in a 1911 with tight tolerances during a January outdoor shoot when the temp was around 20 degrees. The gun was exposed to cold weather for abut one hr and the slide started dragging as if the lubricant was semi freezing. So during the wintwr months from Dec till March I use thinner oils on slide rails but I still use frog lube for cleaning.. And from April till November I use frog leg for everything including slide rails lubrication. I alternate between the solid application and the liquid application based on how much time I have to spend during the cleanup process. The solid application requires heating the gun parts with a hair dryer. But again I like cleaning my guns and reloading as much as I like shooting them.. it is my time off from other responsibilities.

MGO Member
    Sounds like to many issues ,when there are plenty of great gun lubes.
    Thanks

I use it often. I rarely shoot outside when it's below freezing, but I've never had any issues with it at all.

Dice

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast