Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LMK View Post
    Has anyone used Frog Lube for a long time ? Does it gum up after long storage?
    Thanks
    Lot's of good products out there. However I use it all the time w/no problems. Seems to work really well on my 2-1911 GSG 22lr's. They are all tricked up with CW Accessories and I've had cycling issues with one. Frog Lube definently improved it to the point it's not an issue anymore. Never had an issue in cold, I use it very sparingly though, found any organic lube needs that consideration. I oddly enough also use it on my reloading presses. Clean them up every couple months and recoat with Frog lube. Seems to work well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LMK View Post
    Sounds like to many issues ,when there are plenty of great gun lubes.
    Thanks
    For the records, the only time the slide was acting funny in cold weather was with a tight 1911 slide.. That gun had minimal tolerances back when I tried it with frog lube.. That was the only gun.. If you use a different handgun like glock or M&P or Sig with more forgiving tolerances, frog lube is OK.. It's a great product. My next favorite product is Ballistol.

Banned
    Mint scented Crisco.

Just use Crisco, lmao

Mototkote serves me well.
    https://motorkote.com/

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Mint scented Crisco.

Just use Crisco, lmao
    That was FireClean. Frog Lube is raw coconut oil

It really depends on the breed of the frog and the country they are taken from.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

My experience with ALL vegetable based cleaners and lubes is that they are not all what they are advertised as.
    With time, they all eventually gum up and will slow a firing pin in a bolt down enough that there will be light strikes. This is exacerbated in colder weather.

The issue can be mitigated with regular DETAILED cleaning. And with guns that have complicated bolts, it means buying special tools to take the bolt apart for internal cleaning.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    No, no and HELL NO. Bought a PPQ off a member here that he’d apparently owned all of 4 days. Long enough for him to use FL on it. Spent a good amount of time and effort removing what I thought was all of it and replacing it with proper lubrication. Well, found out on one range trip where it was right around 40 degrees that he apparently lived the Striker channel with it. I start right off with light primer strikes. The rounds fire fine in my VP9. So I tear apart the PPQ and find it all gummed up. Did a quick clean and got it mostly running for the day, only sporadic light strikes. Did a proper cleaning at home.

That stuff will never go on anything I own and I won’t buy any firearm that smells minty ever again. The guy shouldn’t have put it in the Striker channel, sure, but still HELL NO.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    It really depends on the breed of the frog and the country they are taken from.
    Caution: Frog Lube recall
    Batch number qw1567ye
    A poison frog was accidentally introduced during the manufacturing process.
    Return for a refund.
    Nor recommended for coating knife blades.

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Caution: Frog Lube recall
    Batch number qw1567ye
    A poison frog was accidentally introduced during the manufacturing process.
    Return for a refund.
    Nor recommended for coating knife blades.
    Great on blowgun darts though. Use sparingly..
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast