Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Well yes and no.

I like how the action works with a liberal dose of FL. But nothing will make a dirty mess than a few hundred rounds with FL. I'll stick to Slip 2000.

Account Closed Forum User

I am a Forum User
    According to samples sent to a lab for analysis, there was a really, really, really, really (get it?) close similarity between Frog Lube, SEAL1, and an Amusement Park Roller Coaster lube called Track Lube Plus. I believe Fireclean analyzed out as Canola Oil. Huge debatable topic, LOL. I use a home-brew of Mobil-1 0w-40 mixed into Red Line Synthetic Grease on my 16" (just to test it out), and Sprinco Machine Gunners Lube on my 11.3" - both seem to work fine.

STP and trans fluid mixed together.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Member
    Mobil 28 grease, and Mobil 1 20/50. That is all you will ever need.

I am a Forum User
    I did not like it either. CLP for the win, for me!

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Frog Lube is excellent as a rust preventative. I would never use it on any parts of a gun's action, though. I put a light coat on the barrel and receiver of any of my non stainless firearms and it has done an excellent job at keeping them from rusting when in the cold or wet.

But as others said, it gets gummy after a certain point. Wiping it off the barrel and receiver isn't that big a deal. But getting it out of the action is a pain in the behind. I use FL for storage and for rust prevention in harsh weather, but use Hoppes, Breakfree CLP, or RemOil for action parts and internal cleaning.

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    I bought into Frog Lube back when a friend of mine became a FL dealer.

On my 1911, because of the larger bearing surface between the slide and frame rails, slide movement was noticeably sluggish when the pistol was at room temperature. The trigger pull was also heavier, because I went whole hog and applied to all the internals. It never made the pistol malfunction, and it got better after firing a few rounds, but it was still disconcerting. And before you ask, YES I did the whole application voodoo dance they recommend.

On my polymer pistols, which have much less bearing surface between the slide & frame rails, I didn't notice a difference at all between FL and any other gun oil. The minty smell was cool I guess.

I ended up throwing out my Frog Lube. I didn't even want to give that garbage away to anyone. Now I use ALG Go Juice because I like using non-toxic stuff on my carry guns if possible, and the price per ounce is reasonable.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I have had good luck with it and I don't over-apply. It works great on my polymer pistols. I use Militec-1 or Balistol on my 1911's, sig's, CZ's (metal frame guns) but I am sure frog lube would work great there too. I don't have extreme cold temperature concerns and using is sparingly/correctly should be fine. It cleans-up easy and is non-toxic which is what I like. There are a lot of corrosion test video's out there and it performs well. I would have no concerns.

I use frog lube exclusively on my knives and it works great there too - non toxic.

I have tried many top name lubes and if used as advertised I have never been let down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast