Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Genesee County Parks rule regulating firearms

These are brand new ordinances just passed in 2019:

i think the problem is with "section c"

Section P910612-FirearmsNo person shall, upon the property administered by the Commission:

(a)Possess, brandishor control any firearm, or weaponexcept those as allowedby the State of Michigan or Federal Statutes, unlessby prior written permission of the Commission,or as allowed by the Commission in designated areas.

(b) Discharge any firearm, or weapon except by prior written permission of the Commission,or as allowed by the Commission in designated areas.

(c)Carry a firearm or weapon onto the Commission properties were an admission fee is collected to enter the property, except by prior written permission of the Commission.

http://geneseecountyparks.org/wp-con...language-1.pdf

The only time a fee is charged I can think of off the top of my head is the Expo. That might be a demand in negotiating their lease agreement?
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    Isn't Crossroads and Huckelberry railroads part of Genesee county parks? Along with the Mounds offroad park, all of which charge a fee?

Along with Golloway Reaevoir and the Wolverine campground which also charge a fee for entry. I was just about to purchase my annual pass.

They charge at the Mounds recreational vehicle park as well.

Are the parks publicly owned, or privately?

If privately, not a whole lot you can do about it.

If publicly, somebody should kindly inform them they’re breaking the law.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartyME View Post
    Are the parks publicly owned, or privately?

If privately, not a whole lot you can do about it.

If publicly, somebody should kindly inform them they’re breaking the law.
    I did a quick search to try and answer that first question. The answer is a convoluted, property by property mish-mash. Some parks are part of the "Genesee Park System" but are fully funded by other 501(c3) entities. They also have "Recreation" facilities that are also part of the local colleges and universities.

One would have to research EACH park to get any answers.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    These ordinances were passed by Genesee County park commission, an extention of the Genesee County board of commissioners, and enforced by the Genesee County park police.

Also of note is that this ordinance was just enacted in early 2019.

Attempts to get them to amend their ordinance will likely be met with disdain as the commissioners do not appreciate lowly citizens telling them how to run THEIR park system.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

so they'll let you do stuff where they have to let you, but you CAN'T do stuff where you can't. And only they know which places are which, so don't do it anywhere or else you're in trouble?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    So what is the out come? Do we have a law that states they are breaking the law? Orbis it unlawful to carry there?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast