Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hello again,

Here is yet another proponent of the checklist, in this case it's Ayoob speaking on behalf of the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network if anyone cares to listen. This is also what he covers in his MAG legal portion of the class (formerly known as Judicious Use of Deadly Force).

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/en/...fense-shooting

This is exactly what I was first talking about when I responded to this thread. Remember, don't shoot the messenger! LOL

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fc2462 View Post
    Thank you Steve, your comments and input are always valued and appreciated. I realize instructions from anyone must be taken with a grain of salt but, in this case, since I saw this approach from multiple sources, i.e. Ayoob, Branca, and USCCA, I thought it was worth mentioning as an alternative to staying strictly silent upon being confronted with arriving officers at the scene of a self-defense shooting. I only had the best intentions of sharing knowledge on the forum from the various classes I have had over the years and I apologize if my remarks confused anyone or led them astray.

Honestly, if, God forbid, I was ever involved in something like this, it would be Jim or you that I would be calling for help anyway.

Thanks again,
    FC

No worries. At one point in time, I advised people to use the checklist, but over the years I have moved more towards saying less because of how easy it is to get tripped up when you are stressed and trying to be helpful. Obviously, there are instances where providing information quickly is necessary, such as when you have used lethal force, but the person has managed to flee. The biggest point I wanted to make is that if you decide to be quiet, you aren't hurting your case.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Banned
    Go to concealedcarry.com and listen to podcast episode 312 if you think just cooperating with police and telling them everything is a good idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234