Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P 22

I am a Forum User
    dry firing a .22 rimfire is mindlessly stupid

I am a Forum User
    Many modern rimfires are dryfire safe. I don’t know about the Smiths, but Taurus says that the TX22 is.

I am a Forum User
    Smith says no on dry fire. Depends on the mfr and model.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Some guns are like that. I have a couple that no matter what, I can't stop shooting them low left.
    My 22 compact had both the front and back sights of center in the dove tails. I adjusted those and then rested to make final adjustments to the back sight.

Low left is the shooter most times, but it can be a combination of things. That can be checked testing with a good rest. I have a Glock I shot 1 to 1 1/2" left at 50'. Dead on with a good rest. It did shoot that far off rested before I drifted the sights a little. Definitely me now. Some guns and ammo combinations don't shoot dead center. That is why they make adjustable sights. It is funny how much you see about pistols shooting off with minimal discussion at times about sight adjustment. I can't say I have ever seen threads about why a particular rifle doesn't shoot right on with sights centered. That is because the standard is to rest it to sight in and adjust the sights as needed. After that it's the shooter. With pistols it seems there is very limited application of rested shooting to check accuracy, hold height and sight adjustments before throwing in all the shooter variables.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    dry firing a .22 rimfire is mindlessly stupid
    Blanket statements are "mindlessly stupid"

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Anyone have one of the new S&W M&P compact 22 semi-auto pistols? My BIL ordered one from PSA & we took it to Top Gun last night. Couldn't seem to get it to hit where it was aimed. After a couple mags, he took a close look at the frame & saw that the adjusting screw on the rear sight was missing. Miracle we found it, but there must be another spring or something that is now history. Wondering if its an actual spring or maybe just a bent piece of spring steel.

He's going to try calling CS & see what they have to say. Man it sucks to have a brand new gun dump on you like that.

Was thinking about getting one too, but the Taurus TX 22 is looking better than ever.

This "rear sight issue" seems to be a re-occurring problem for the M&P 22 compact. I haven't lost any parts on mine yet but have needed to (purple) Loctite the screws to keep them from migrating.

Unfortunately S&W doesn't actually make that gun themselves so there is no parts schematic in the owners manual & S&W is not willing to send out any repair parts to M&P 22 compact owners.

See S&W M&P 22 compact thread below_____

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...ear-sight.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12