Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Aimpoint.

Less is junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    I can't disagree. Aimpoint Pro is the best red dot I've ever used, hands down. Maybe save up a little more, it isn't much more money. Think about it
    For people on a budget, this is not geat advice.
    The cheapest you're going to find a PRO for is just under $400, which is almost twice as much as the OP was wanting to spend. Save pennies while you can, but move a couple of cheaper optics around while you have to.
    Don't get me wrong, I have a PRO on my home defense gun and it's fantastic.
    but on my range SBR and my range carbine, I have the vortex SPARC AR. and together the both of them cost me less than a PRO, with enough money left over to buy a few hundred rounds of ammo.
    I also have a couple of TRS25 hanging around on some range toys, which are even cheaper - but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them in a SHTF scenario.
    I'll be checking out a holosun next, probably, because i've spent too much on guns and I don't want to save up for another PRO.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by M5NSX View Post
    I tried a Holosun as a budget red/green dot for a weapon now have 5 of them. Love the Shake Awake technology, ability to change reticles, solar powered in addition to a battery.....
    +1

I also like my eotech, but thats out of the proposed budget.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    The cheapest you're going to find a PRO for is just under $400, which is almost twice as much as the OP was wanting to spend. Save pennies while you can, but move a couple of cheaper optics around while you have to.
    but on my range SBR and my range carbine, I have the vortex SPARC AR. and together the both of them cost me less than a PRO, with enough money left over to buy a few hundred rounds of ammo.
    I also have a couple of TRS25 hanging around on some range toys, which are even cheaper - but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them in a SHTF scenario.
    I'll be checking out a holosun next, probably, because i've spent too much on guns and I don't want to save up for another PRO.
    What's a good cents per round for .223

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Yes Aimpoint's are great but you have to decide what your ultimate use of it will be. If I'm going to the Sandbox and my life will depend on my optic working then by all means get an Aimpoint or Trijicon ACOG. But if it's just a home defense, target practice rifle then there is nothing wrong with a less expensive model that will do the job. You can buy 3 Holosuns for the price of the least expensive Aimpoint. I have used them all and have a bunch of Holosun's, Primary Arms and Athlon Midas' on my fun rifles. They do the job and rarely break. I do have an ACOG on my M4 full auto clone but that's because it is a hard use rifle. Pick one that fits your budget. If you don't like it sell it and try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    Yes Aimpoint's are great but you have to decide what your ultimate use of it will be. If I'm going to the Sandbox and my life will depend on my optic working then by all means get an Aimpoint or Trijicon ACOG. But if it's just a home defense, target practice rifle then there is nothing wrong with a less expensive model that will do the job. You can buy 3 Holosuns for the price of the least expensive Aimpoint. I have used them all and have a bunch of Holosun's, Primary Arms and Athlon Midas' on my fun rifles. They do the job and rarely break. I do have an ACOG on my M4 full auto clone but that's because it is a hard use rifle. Pick one that fits your budget. If you don't like it sell it and try something else.
    curious which ones have broken for you, was it anything out of the ordinary like you dropped the gun out of a tree stand, or did something rough ?

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    You're right, and I don't think the other products are terrible. I was just speaking from personal experience in that every time I went with something less than what I really wanted I ended up spending the money at some point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    You're right, and I don't think the other products are terrible. I was just speaking from personal experience in that every time I went with something less than what I really wanted I ended up spending the money at some point anyway.
    Did you buy a primary, sig, holo, or vortex and break it ?

Or did you buy one, then save up enough money, or rationalized it etc and bought a 400-1000 plus red dot?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwade78 View Post
    200$ below budget

Possibility.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/vor...70e57-21596215

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeandlaurie View Post
    Possibility.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/vor...70e57-21596215

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is the one I went with everyone. I bought a sparc 2. Ty all for the advice, I appreciate yalls time

I am a Forum User
    Another option is a 1-4x or 1-6x optic with an illuminated retcle. At 1 power it behaves the same as a red dot, but at longer ranges it acts like a scope.

I also highly recommend vortex, because of their warranty. Every other company only offers 1-3 years on electronics, Vortex is lifetime. A compny will only warranty a product as long as they think it will last...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast