Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Introduction to Practical Shooting Clinic This Saturday - Livingston Gun Club

Livingston Gun Club is hosting our annual Practical Shooting 101 Clinic this Saturday April 6, 2019 at 10:00 AM.
    Practical shooting is the fastest growing and most exciting of the shooting sports and PS101 provides you
    with the information you need to get started.

We begin with a class room presentation covering the fundamentals of practical shooting and the gear you need to participate. Lunch is around noon. We typically order pizza or sandwiches but you can also BYO. The classroom presentation wraps up after lunch then it is down to the ranges to shoot a couple of stages typical of a USPSA match. We are usually done by about 3:30.

Each student receives a handout for taking notes. You should bring something to write with (sometimes we run out of pens).

Students wishing to take part in the range exercise will need:

• a handgun chambered for one of the common defensive calibers; 9x19 or larger - No Magnums
    • ~50 rounds minimum of ammunition (Bring more if you have it as there is a good chance you will be able to run the courses of fire for the range exercises more than once. )
    • at least two magazines or speed loaders but more if you have them.
    • eye and ear protection
    If you have a competition rig (belt, holster, magazine pouches) bring it. If you don't we will find a way to
    accommodate the equipment you do have. We don’t recommend buying anything special for the clinic as equipment is one of the topics and we don’t want you to waste your money on something that doesn’t work for the application.

We shoot outside so dress for the weather.

PS101 is provided free of charge. Attendance is open to anyone. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The class is hosted by Livingston Gun Club at 2440 Hunter Road in Brighton. Seating is limited to 24. Contact the instructors at lgccompetition@gmail.com to register or get more info

I am a Forum User
    I opened this up...got excited..then realized I was a week late

Do you do this on a rotating basis or was it a one time event?

I am a Forum User
    Sorry you missed the clinic. Have to take partial responsibility as I didn't get it posted at an earlier date as I had planned.

Unfortunately we only do the clinic once a year. Look for us next year about the same time.

The class isn't a requirement to come and shoot but it does give a new competitor a head start on the equipment needed, the match procedures, and of course range safety protocol.