Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Taurus parts ? where to get them??

have a Taurus G2C.. Called taurus to get a new trigger safety... and I was told I need to send the WHOLE gun in..

not gonna happen.

but I was curious... where does, or CAN someone get these parts from a gunsmith? or are they restricted as well.?

Never had a problem with many other manufacturers before. always was helped/assisted with parts in the mail in short order.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    I’m not intimately familiar with Taurus so this may not be a perfect match but does Numrich have the parts you need ? https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...ls-tau/24-7-g2

Otherwise for my own curiosity and the sake of ‘argument’ you say “not gonna happen” to their request to send the gun in to have them complete whatever work is necessary-why not? Wouldn’t their shop and their smiths be the best at fixing your pistol up correctly and to factory specs?
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    I’m not intimately familiar with Taurus so this may not be a perfect match but does Numrich have the parts you need ? https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...ls-tau/24-7-g2

Otherwise for my own curiosity and the sake of ‘argument’ you say “not gonna happen” to their request to send the gun in to have them complete whatever work is necessary-why not? Wouldn’t their shop and their smiths be the best at fixing your pistol up correctly and to factory specs?
    numrich does not carry the part.. ( to new? ) nor do Brownells, etc.. etc.. because Taurus wants to be Taurus.. its a dealer only thing, and taurus controls it.

The repair is a simple project. and NOT doing the repair is a simple decision as well.

Currently , the silly trigger-wiggly safety feature does not work. but it still has a frame safety, so I am not concerned. The trigger safety part is 99% plastic,
    (including the spring if you can believe it) and it broke. Not the end of the world.. I like the Gun... but the Customer Service thing needs to be revisited.

I am a Forum User
    REPLACE THAT POS Trigger with one from Keep Tinkering on Ebay. $30 shipped and eliminates the redundant trigger safety. He has several versions. I installed the SAO trigger in mine and WOW! What a difference. Watch my video here:

Banned
    Ummmm, a Ford Dealer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    Ummmm, a Ford Dealer ?
    zadtm.jpg
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    REPLACE THAT POS Trigger with one from Keep Tinkering on Ebay. $30 shipped and eliminates the redundant trigger safety. He has several versions. I installed the SAO trigger in mine and WOW! What a difference.
    considered that... but the owner.. the BOSS.. Lordess of My realm.. desires to have it work, at some point..

Give you $15 for your old one!

I am a Forum User
    How about $25 shipped? PM me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imshootin View Post
    And it might knot. It's called a JOKE, and unlike you, I would never make fun of anyone's face.

I was considering getting one at Rural King just because. If it's got a plastic spring, maybe not.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast