Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marketplace Moderator
    Issues with Taurus through the years has kept me from buying anything from them. A lot of my shooting friends feel the same.
    Good Safe Shooting, MOOSE

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    I was considering getting one at Rural King just because. If it's got a plastic spring, maybe not.
    They are GREAT guns made better with a $30 trigger shoe and a few minutes of work. Buy with confidence. Seriously, the Keep Tinkering trigger is a work of art. Watch my vid.

I am a Forum User
    .."Wouldn’t their shop and their smiths be the best at fixing your pistol up correctly and to factory specs? ".

you might think so, but in my experience, the answer would be "NO"

only sent 3 pistols back to MFRG, in about 40 yrs... a revolver to Dan Wesson (fixed) S&W (fixed)
    & lastly, Taurus..not fixed-correctly.
    The service tech "expert" that worked on my Taurus 94 (which was returned due to impossibly heavy DBL action trigger pull)
    did improve the trigger pull, a bit, but when reinstalling the side plate, left out a pin that holds in the firing pin & spring.
    When I received the pistol (after repair).. the firing pin fell out, in less than 10 rds fired.
    Took pistol to Doug Jones, he reinstalled the firing pin & spring (had fallen on the floor), cut a piece of piano wire, to replace the missing pin & it was fixed.
    I sent an email to Taurus service dept, described what had happened..& never heard back from them.

If there is a recall/lawsuit on the gun they will only offer to let you send it in. They will then just send you out their choice of replacement. And you need to pay for the FFL fees to pick it up. Here is a list of firearms that you may run into this issue with:
    https://guncarrier.com/the-taurus-pi...call/#recalled

- Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12