Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member Forum User

CPL's and Muskegon

anybody else here a local to Muskegon county? Was curious as to who and where people are going or recommending for range time and CPL classes. I only know of Port City Pistol.

I am a Forum User
    Port City holds a good safe class. They furnish the guns and are in complete control.

MGO Member Forum User
    Yeah read that they provide all the necessities. Understandable just wish I could bring in the pistol I plan to carry to get more time with it while learning, thanks for the info though man, preciate it.

I am a Forum User
    Call Tim Layne. He is in Kent City. Small private class. I think 7 or 8 is his max class size. Excellent instructor. NRA certified class. Great set-up. Tell him Eric Hubel from around 2015 recommended him. $100.00 ith lunch and treats !!
    His tele #616-636-5523 thanx, eric

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageGunNut View Post
    Yeah read that they provide all the necessities. Understandable just wish I could bring in the pistol I plan to carry to get more time with it while learning, thanks for the info though man, preciate it.
    I took my class at a local conservation club. People were shouting with many different types of firearms. Would never do that again.

The time to learn your weapon is not at a class. Many interesting things occurred and I was not impressed.

Sat in on the shooting part of the Port City class and felt completely safe due to the manner the class was run. You can shoot at their range between 5:00 and 9:00 PM on Monday through Friday.

Good luck.

MGO Member Forum User
    Thanks for the replies, good info. If commuting in my pickup wasn't a gas destroyer the place in Kent would have been an option but it seems like Port City is the place thanks everyone!

I am a Forum User
    If you haven't found a class yet, we hold classes in Ravenna. Range is ran with one on one instruction and I'll let you use your carry gun. Call or text me. 231 343 2389

Quote Originally Posted by jiw275 View Post
    I took my class at a local conservation club. People were shouting with many different types of firearms. Would never do that again.

The time to learn your weapon is not at aCPL class. Many interesting things occurred and I was not impressed.

Sat in on the shooting part of the Port City class and felt completely safe due to the manner the class was run. You can shoot at their range between 5:00 and 9:00 PM on Monday through Friday.

Good luck.
    This^^^^ . Not having your CPL does not prevent you from range time,dry firing,and practicing with your intended carry gun.
    Edited to clarify/add CPL to above quote. CPL my word not quoted poster.
    Last edited by alinc100; 08-08-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alinc100 View Post
    This^^^^ . Not having your CPL does not prevent you from range time,dry firing,and practicing with your intended carry gun.
    Actually, you are supposed to have the equivalent of a Basic Pistol class in instruction or experience BEFORE you take the PPIH or equivalent class. Teaching those that don't have the base level knowlege is all on the instructor. They should be refusing the student, or offering a class on the basics prior to the CPL class.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by AverageGunNut View Post
    Thanks for the replies, good info. If commuting in my pickup wasn't a gas destroyer the place in Kent would have been an option but it seems like Port City is the place thanks everyone!
    So, it's been 4 months now…how did your CPL calls work out?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.