Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

Open Carrying, Pros and Cons for the Young and/or Uninformed

As much reading as I have done both prior and post joining the MGO forums (soon to pay his dues) I have wondered what is the practicality of Open Carry, especially when awaiting to attend a CPL course. Also anythings I should look out for, other tips, or just opinions on the matter when it comes to serve as a replacement for non-concealed carry due to circumstances or preference.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I personally wouldn't risk it. Many do and wind up just fine. Others get a cop that claims to smell weed, then claims your jacket covered your gun, and then you get to fight felony chartes.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    I haven’t heard of what Dr was talking about happening more than token amounts, but I do agree that OC without a cpl could get dicey let alone just a pain in the butt

MGO Member Forum User
    Thanks, yeah felt dicey but figured was worth the ask.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    I haven’t heard of what Dr was talking about happening more than token amounts, but I do agree that OC without a cpl could get dicey let alone just a pain in the butt
    look up Elijah Woody
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    look up Elijah Woody
    I know thats why i said token amounts...I have always had more issues with tactical timmy CCers than cops

Quote Originally Posted by AverageGunNut View Post
    Thanks, yeah felt dicey but figured was worth the ask.
    It's a good question. I've never OCd, except at the barber. Just don't feel comfortable. The whole idea of the CPL being, nobody knows.
    Besides, it's a PITA to unload and stow it every time you get in your car.
    Last edited by AxlMyk; 04-11-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    MI Open Carry has a primer FAQ on legal risks to carry without a CPL
    https://miopencarry.org/faq

Pro liberty choice article in dispelling the myths of open carry
    https://dailycaller.com/2015/04/22/t...of-open-carry/

I personally OC for the deterrent effect. Seen it three times, one was highly likely someone with nefarious intent. We'll never know because his behavior immediately changed and immediately left.

I am a Forum User
    the more you exercise your liberty to open carry, the more people recognize it and become more accustomed to seeing it. I tend to avoid it because I've always felt it makes me stand out in a room and I feel the most effective self defense measure is not standing out.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregoryfricker View Post
    the more you exercise your liberty to open carry, the more people recognize it and become more accustomed to seeing it. I tend to avoid it because I've always felt it makes me stand out in a room and I feel the most effective self defense measure is not standing out.
    My experience is virtually nobody ever notices. I have been thanked dozens of time, usually by veterans, for exercising my second amendment rights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast