Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Melting down a pistol

I want to do a YT video of me melting down a pistol to slag, and then casting something else. I don't want to run afoul of destroying serial numbers, and all that. Can anyone tell me what my options are? The pistol is currently registered in my name. Move this to another area like legal if needed.

Thanks!
    - Joe

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Can't imagine why you'd want to do that when you could fix it, sell it, or turn it in for cash at a buy back...
    but here you go. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-pro...stroy-firearms
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Can't imagine why you'd want to do that when you could fix it, sell it, or turn it in for cash at a buy back...
    but here you go. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-pro...stroy-firearms
    Thank you Sir! There is no mention of how to get it out of my name as a currently owned firearm. That is what I was more concerned with. I have the physical destruction part down. I'm stuck at the political destruction. I don't want it showing as registered to me firearm after destruction.

- Joe

MGO Board of Directors

You cannot get it taken "out of your name" with Michigan's registration scheme…

Once in your name, ALWAYS in your name, period.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    You cannot get it taken "out of your name" with Michigan's registration scheme…

Once in your name, ALWAYS in your name, period.
    ^^^^^ this

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I'm sure you'll have no shortage of people happy to have you transfer/register it to them so that their name comes AFTER yours on the big MI list of pistol history.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joelansing View Post
    Thank you Sir! There is no mention of how to get it out of my name as a currently owned firearm. That is what I was more concerned with. I have the physical destruction part down. I'm stuck at the political destruction. I don't want it showing as registered to me firearm after destruction.

- Joe
    why would you care??? you just destroyed it, its not like its going to shoot someone
    did you really think you were gonna get positive responses? only wacky anti gunners would care to see that maybe you should ask on huffpo

It is a $350 Taurus pistol under recall. Pretty much like new. They want to trade me a $200 pistol in a smaller caliber, minus shipping and FFL fees. I'm so pissed off. I'm planning on just using it to make a very funny anti Taurus YouTube video with it instead.

- Joe

I am a Forum User
    Melt it and then forget about it. Destroying serial numbers is only a problem if you leave the receiver still intact.

I get it. You're going to make one of these and send it to Taurus.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast