Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I was surprised. I put in an order for an LPK at 4:55am on april 18th. I DIDN'T have my order the 19th. GASP.
    It did come until the 20th (saturday), so I assume he just had something to do that kept my order from going out same day. Still though - 2 day turnaround is great given that I was in a bit of a rush. I needed it for a sunday afternoon build.
    So far, everything works. the rear takedown pin might be oversized, or it might be thick cerakote on the lower. either way, i'm not too worried. a little sand paper here and there will fix it. I'm sure I'll eventually swap out half the parts anyway, but for now it works fine for the price/time.

EDIT - delivery tracking shows the post office was already moving it around at 1:27am on the 19th, so the carrier must be the problem. late pickup, delay, something or other.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy_K View Post
    Let us know how Mike responds. I am intrigued to see how my upper kit looks when i receive it.
    When I arrived at work this morning, I checked my (personal) email. There were two e-mails from CA:

(1) Shipment notification (the one you get when they print the label to prepare the shipment) with today's date on it.
    (2) An e-mail from Mike letting me know that he's sending me a new LPK (and not just the trigger/hammer/disconnect I asked for).

Impressed with the almost immediate response and CS. Hopefully, this solves the issue.

Again, it's just a scratchy MILSPEC trigger, and it's part of a $32 complete LPK. I will eventually install drop in triggers into both of these pistols (likely single stage) once I verify accuracy, but for now, I just want them to 'work'.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    So far, everything works.
    I assume this means the FCG is working as expected?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I assume this means the FCG is working as expected?
    Won't know for sure until I shoot it, but it looks like it should work
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I sent an email to Mike @ CA. Told him about both, but told him I did NOT want him to bother with the handguard. All I wanted was a working trigger. Even if he replaces it, I might use the situation as an excuse to try a drop in trigger.
    Update: I received the parts today. As a matter of fact, he sent me an ENTIRE new LPK, not just the few bits I asked for.

Finished building the SNEK lower and everything works great.

Super impressed with Combat Armory's customer service.

I am a Forum User
    a few comments on the LPK I ordered from Combat Armory..
    Took me 4 days to get my order ( from Commerce- Rochester Hills ?)
    but was happy with the way the parts arrived..little individual parts envelopes for each set of parts.
    This was helpful, as I had my youngest son over, to give him his first AR lower assembly experience.

Parts looked good & fit well ..until the trigger assembly was installed in the Anderson lower.
    Trigger wouldn't function (cocked, trigger pulled, hammer remained in cocked position)
    I had another mil-spec FCG (PSA ?) from a trigger swap I'd done on another AR (1 of several)..

With parts swapped, everything worked fine. Took it to the range & tried it out..everything worked as it should.

Didn't think it was worth the trouble to call CA, but maybe I should..might get them to take a closer look @ their FCG's.

Despite my issue, I thought the LPK was well worth the $32.00 it cost, (including shipping)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    a few comments on the LPK I ordered from Combat Armory..
    Took me 4 days to get my order ( from Commerce- Rochester Hills ?)
    but was happy with the way the parts arrived..little individual parts envelopes for each set of parts.
    This was helpful, as I had my youngest son over, to give him his first AR lower assembly experience.

Parts looked good & fit well ..until the trigger assembly was installed in the Anderson lower.
    Trigger wouldn't function (cocked, trigger pulled, hammer remained in cocked position)
    I had another mil-spec FCG (PSA ?) from a trigger swap I'd done on another AR (1 of several)..

With parts swapped, everything worked fine. Took it to the range & tried it out..everything worked as it should.

Didn't think it was worth the trouble to call CA, but maybe I should..might get them to take a closer look @ their FCG's.

Despite my issue, I thought the LPK was well worth the $32.00 it cost, (including shipping)
    If you missed it, mine did the same thing.

Send Mike an email. He will send you a new LPK (not just the FCG). When I got my new kit, it was clearly from a different batch (the bags of parts were different) and the new trigger group operated as expected.

I am a Forum User
    Actually, I had read your post..it prompted me to send Mike an email describing the issue I had with the FCG..as you had described.
    He too, responded quickly with a reply & offer to resend the kit. Initially, I thought..
    (as I have several mil-spec FCG's from a couple other Ar's that I bought drop in replacement triggers)
    I shouldn't bother. Got me thinking / wondering what the problem was..so I responded to Mike's email & asked for replacement parts.
    Will see what comes (got an email saying pkg. was sent)..
    I want to compare 1st FCG with the replacement parts, see if I can detect a difference.

I am a Forum User
    What?

This post prompted me to buy a 10.5" 300 Blackout upper kit.
    I slapped it together and it looks like a good option.

The upper receiver hold for the forward assist roll pin was a bit under sized. (I checked also using the Colt pins I have on hand)
    I'll test it on my M16 lower to see how it holds up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast