Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Combat Armory 10.5" 5.56 AR15 upper receiver kit

I was finally able to find an hour or so to assemble that $139.99 10.5" 5.56 upper receiver kit that I ordered from from Combat Armory (Commerce Twp, MI) eight days ago (posted about it here). It comes complete with the exception of the BCG and charge handle. I ordered an ambi CH from MAS Defense and a Premium 5.56 Nickel Boron BCG with Carpenter 158 Bolt from PSA.

It's actually $10 less right now ($129.99 shipped to your door).

It took just over 26 hours from the time I clicked "Place Order" until UPS dropped it off at my doorstep.

Upon initial inspection of all the components, I was really surprised at the overall condition and finish of everything. I expected burrs, blems, and other imperfections at this price point. No such thing.

Last night's build went together very quickly and without any issues whatsoever. Super impressed with the tolerances and what not. About the only thing I can ding it for is it would have been nice if the handguard had ears on it (but aligning it with the upper receiver was no real issue). Although there wasn't any type of solid alignment design on the slim M-LOK handguard to the barrell nut that you see with more expensive handguards, it actually had 5 screws (three horizontal and two vertical) to hold it in place - I doubt it's going anywhere. The barrell was dimpled for one of the two set screws. The ejection port cover assembly was pre-built (including the spring), as the pin itself was actually spring loaded (like many trigger guards are on one side), so installing that was figuratively and literally a snap. Gas block and tube went together no problem.

Dropping the RI-160 in the mail today.

While the proof is in the puddin' (I was already supposed to be heading to the range this weekend to shoot another recently built 16" AR15), I would not have any qualms buying from this outfit again (no affiliation or association).

I am a Forum User
    Made it out to the range this past SAT to shoot this an two others that I built or upgraded over the winter.

I put about 50 rounds through this pistol upper (kit) from Combat Armory and all I can say is that I had absolutely ZERO issues with it. Fairly impressive for a $139.99 upper kit.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the review.

Why are you turning in an RI-60 though?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Thanks for the review.

Why are you turning in an RI-60 though?
    Look at OP again... Pistol upper.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tlagnhoj View Post

I don't have my FFL yet and buying a SBA3 pistol brace was half the price of a tax stamp and 1/365th the wait time for same ...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tlagnhoj View Post
    I didn't miss what he typed. If you've read other threads you'd realize that there's no need to register a self-made pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post

I don't have my FFL yet and buying a SBA3 pistol brace was half the price of a tax stamp and 1/365th the wait time for same ...
    There's no requirement to "register" a self-made pistol, as no transaction took place. We do not have a state registry, just a transaction record. Technically filling yourself out as a buyer and seller on the RI-60 is falsifying information, and could be a felony while failing to "register" is a $250 civil infraction.

Also, if the overall length in it's shortest operable configuration (brace and muzzle device removed) is longer than 26" it is not a pistol by Michigan definitions, also not requiring "registration" either.

Further reading:
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...p?413532-RI-60
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...-form-question
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...akes-a-pistol)

I am a Forum User
    Also, if the overall length in it's shortest operable configuration (brace and muzzle device removed) is longer than 26" it is not a pistol by Michigan definitions, also not requiring "registration" either.
    I appreciate your comments.

It's 25" in length based on how MI measures, so it's a pistol.

I am a Forum User
    Technically filling yourself out as a buyer and seller on the RI-60 is falsifying information, and could be a felony
    How many cases are you aware of where someone was prosecuted for this?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    How many cases are you aware of where someone was prosecuted for this?
    None. The state will have no problem with you breaking the law if it means they know about more guns people own. Hey if you enjoy licking boots, have at it. To each his own.

I am a Forum User
    None. The state will have no problem with you breaking the law if it means they know about more guns people own. Hey if you enjoy licking boots, have at it. To each his own.
    I was honestly asking a legitimate question (to be better informed). Sorry.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast