Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    People are prosecuted for possessing unregistered pistols probably daily... No one has been prosecuted for registering a self made pistol.... If you can't figure this one out you have your head firmly planted where the sun doesn't shine!!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tlagnhoj View Post
    People are prosecuted for possessing unregistered pistols probably daily...
    You do realize that there's a marked difference between possessing an unregistered pistol and illegally carrying a concealed weapon, right? One is a non-criminal charge aka civil infraction ($250 fine), while the other is a felony.

And when I asked if anyone had been prosecuted for "this", it was referring to 'filling yourself out as a buyer and seller on the RI-60'. Focus.
    Last edited by Scoop; 04-17-2019 at 12:27 PM.

I am a Forum User
    People are prosecuted for possessing unregistered pistols probably daily... No one has been prosecuted for registering a self made pistol.... If you can't figure this one out you have your head firmly planted where the sun doesn't shine!!!
    Like I said, to each their own. If you enjoy licking boots, that's your business.

I also have my Arizona CPL which makes me exempt from pistol registration. Read here: https://miopencarry.org/news/2015/06...n-Registration

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I was honestly asking a legitimate question (to be better informed). Sorry.
    My apologies, I wasn't trying to be an a-hole.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    My apologies, I wasn't trying to be an a-hole.
    But you succeeded anyway... I suggest people take this up with their attorney rather than getting an OPINION from someone pretending to be.

I am a Forum User
    GreaseMonkey gave you good advice.
    It’s been well discussed on this site that you have absolutely no reason to register your handgun with the state
    1) Michigan’s handgun registration is a B.S. government intrusion law punishable by fine and not a criminal offense
    2 and more to the point you cannot be both the seller and buyer to yourself so the law is not applicable to you BUT the police will never tell you that and are happy to register your firearm for you.
    3) For handgun purchases that would apply to you registering them you only need to get an out of state CPL Arizona and NH are to of the most convenient. With an out of state CPL you are not required to register those handguns either.

I am a Forum User
    Skipping all the other stuff that happened in this thread. I was just looking at one of these uppers. They have them for 119.99 right now and from what I read ai think I will give it a try.

I am a Forum User
    But you succeeded anyway... I suggest people take this up with their attorney rather than getting an OPINION from someone pretending to be.
    Read the threads I posted. Attorneys have shared the same exact information I have, and I was never pretending to be an attorney. I'm simply trying to share correct and factual information regarding Michigan's unconstitutional pistol "registration" and you want to continue to ignorantly defend that instead of listen. You really must love the taste of boots on your tongue.

I am a Forum User
    I have yet to see ANY attorney, ANYWHERE, advice that ANYONE not possessing an out of state CPL not fill out an RI-60. Are you going to replace the pistol and pay the fines for those who follow your advice??? Sure... It's only a CI not a misdemeanor or felony... But by the time you loose your firearm (which you will NEVER see again) pay the fine and "court costs" It would cost more than it's worth.

Please take note: I am NOT arguing law. I'm arguing APPLICATION of the law!

Again... Are YOU willing to pay for the losses incurred by anyone following your advice???

I am a Forum User
    I have yet to see ANY attorney, ANYWHERE, advice that ANYONE not possessing an out of state CPL not fill out an RI-60. Are you going to replace the pistol and pay the fines for those who follow your advice??? Sure... It's only a CI not a misdemeanor or felony... But by the time you loose your firearm (which you will NEVER see again) pay the fine and "court costs" It would cost more than it's worth.

Please take note: I am NOT arguing law. I'm arguing APPLICATION of the law!

Again... Are YOU willing to pay for the losses incurred by anyone following your advice???
    I started this thread to discuss the upper kits from Combat Armory. Can you please STFU?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast