Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel3500 View Post
    Skipping all the other stuff that happened in this thread. I was just looking at one of these uppers. They have them for 119.99 right now and from what I read ai think I will give it a try.
    My 10.5" .300 Blackout kit should arrive tomorrow. Talked to Mike again several times. He answers the phone every time I call. They are busy because of the move, but they are getting stuff out quickly.

I am a Forum User
    Glad to hear the good report on the quality of their parts..
    I just ordered a LPK from them, for the Anderson lower I just got a great deal on..
    As I had a stock from a change I'd done, this is going to be a true budget lower assembly.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    Glad to hear the good report on the quality of their parts..
    I just ordered a LPK from them, for the Anderson lower I just got a great deal on..
    As I had a stock from a change I'd done, this is going to be a true budget lower assembly.
    With my 10.5" 5.56 pistol, I used a PSA LPK that I already had.

With this .300, I ordered a LPK from Combat Armory and a PSA Nitride MPI FA BCG from PSA (I have a milspec charge handle and carbine buffer tube/spring/buffer @ home).

I am a Forum User
    24 hours and 33 minutes from the time I placed the order until it arrived.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    24 hours and 33 minutes from the time I placed the order until it arrived.
    That's crazy they shipped that fast. I'm interested to hear how the accuracy is once you get it to the range.

Sorry about the RI60 argument, I just want to spread the word for those that may not know, which obviously some people can't handle.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    That's crazy they shipped that fast. I'm interested to hear how the accuracy is once you get it to the range.
    I did get it out to the range, along with a couple others that I had built or modified over the winter. Unfortunately, it was the only one of the bunch that I did not have an optic or BUIS on (I just put some rounds through it to make sure it cycled without any issues). Will advise when I get it back out there with something on it.

Sorry about the RI60 argument, I just want to spread the word for those that may not know, which obviously some people can't handle.
    NP.

MGO Member
    Scoop, thanks for posting this. It has also been a good read. Please keep us posted on the accuracy when you get a chance. I think i will have to look into this. Did you receive your LPK form CA yet? i would be interested in you take on the quality of it. Love the idea of supporting a Michigan based company.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy_K View Post
    Scoop, thanks for posting this. It has also been a good read. Please keep us posted on the accuracy when you get a chance. I think i will have to look into this. Did you receive your LPK form CA yet? i would be interested in you take on the quality of it. Love the idea of supporting a Michigan based company.
    It's @ the post office ready for me to pick up. I'm up @ the cabin this (long) weekend.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy_K View Post
    Did you receive your LPK form CA yet? i would be interested in you take on the quality of it.
    Well, QC wasn't as good this time around as it was with the last order. One cosmetic, one functional.

MLOK handguard had a small chip/chunk out of it in a very prominent area. No, it's not a $250 Geissele handguard, but still.

The second issue was a problem with the FCG. The disconnector won't release the hammer. If I give the disconnector a little nudge (e.g., with a punch), it lets the hammer move just a little bit ... THEN I can release it with the trigger. But reset it and the same thing. But what did I expect for a $32 LPK?

I sent an email to Mike @ CA. Told him about both, but told him I did NOT want him to bother with the handguard. All I wanted was a working trigger. Even if he replaces it, I might use the situation as an excuse to try a drop in trigger.

MGO Member
    Thanks for following up on this. I took the dive and ordered myself an upper kit in 300. Hard to resist at current prices. I passed on the LPK as i am going to try an Aim or Rise Arm. drop in trigger and use an essentials kit. Let us know how Mike responds. I am intrigued to see how my upper kit looks when i receive it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast