Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Coyote Hunting magazine capacity

I am interested in trying some coyote hunting for the first time. I picked up a bushmaster a few days ago, and as I understand it, am restricted to 5 round magazines. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? It would appear, with the gun craze, that even 5 round AR mags are hard to come by. All I managed to get was the standard 30 round steel magazine that came with the rifle. Any suggestions would be great!

JPG

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG
    I am interested in trying some coyote hunting for the first time. I picked up a bushmaster a few days ago, and as I understand it, am restricted to 5 round magazines. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? It would appear, with the gun craze, that even 5 round AR mags are hard to come by. All I managed to get was the standard 30 round steel magazine that came with the rifle. Any suggestions would be great!

JPG
    If you are going to hunt coyotes here in MI., I would suggest first you buy a license & pick up a copy of the game laws.
    If you were to read that, you would know about any restrictions as to the gun or amount of ammo you may carry.
    Then you wouldn't have had to ask this question.

I am a Forum User
    I have read the game laws. As I understand it, it is unlawful to hunt with a centerfire firearm that can hold more than 5 rounds. Maybe I should have clarified my question. Due to the inability to currently purchase AR mags, is there a way I can temporarily modify my magazine and legally use it?

I am a Forum User
    The round limit only applies to semi auto's. A friend of mine put a rivet through on of his AK mags to make it legal. Don't know if it would work on the AR and I wouldn't exactly call it temporary.

Just remove the baseplate, insert a spacer about 4" long , reinstall baseplate and you should be good.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    MGO
    NRA
    NAGR
    USAF(Retired)

You need a spacer that can fit inside the spring and block the follower, that would not be permanent. Otherwise you need to install a rivet fore and aft to block the follower without interfering with the spring. It may be possible to remove a pop rivet, so possibly it may not be permanent, but you would have 2 extra holes in the mag...

My suggestion would be to do a swap with someone else - your 30 rounder for their 5 rounder, or put up a wanted ad and just suck it up if it costs $40. That way you would have at least the 1 30 rounder for defensive purposes.

I am a Forum User
    I picked up a pmag tonight, so maybe I will try and figure out a trade. Thanks for the suggestions.

I am a Forum User
    I have a friend in mason who owns a gun shop and had a few of these last I know you can call him and check the store is not just guns in mason MI, I'm sure he'll ship if you need it. the phone number is (517) 244-9001

http://www.themakogroup.com/ProductD...tCode=EARM10+W

List Price: $29.70
    Our Price: $29.70

E-LANDER MAGS are high-performance durable steel magazines.

10 round steel magazines for AR-15/M16/M4 magazines.

Made in Israel for the Tavor, M16, and common sidearms, they were tested by special military forces
    and anti-terror units. These magazines have proven to withstand severe combat conditions and requirements.

Backed by over six decades of experience the company has specialized in the manufacturing of precision-stamped metal parts and tools with an uncompromising commitment to quality and reliability. A wide range of the company’s products are exported to worldwide customers.

• High performance steel body - strong heavy-gauge steel

• Tested by special military forces and anti-terror units

• Fine resistance body coating, enduring up to 96 hours salt-spray test.
    This exceeds the military salt-spray test requirements.

• State-of-the-art anti-tilt self-leveling followers in several colors.

• Improved reinforced floorplate

MGO Member
    Im not sure it would even be wise to go 'out and about' in MI game area w/ a 30 round mag.. ie anything over a 5 rounder.

Fish cop could easily say you were hunting. There are those kind up here.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast