Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Range Day Quandary

I finally have an opportunity for a range day (well, afternoon, actually). Planning to visit The Lead Bunker, in Jackson, and say "Hi" to one of our own there - Mr. Cocowheats.

Anyways, my quandary. I open my safe, and now I have to decide what I'm going to shoot. I have a couple of new guns to try, but what else to take along? I know I can't go wrong with a 1911, but should I take another 9mm? What about the two .40's just sitting there asking for attention? I guess I'll know when I load up the truck.

Anyone else have this problem?

I typically keep it to one caliber per range trip. Then within the caliber, I pare it down to 2-3 to take for that specific trip. Some days it’s carry guns only, some days it’s range toys only.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    I finally have an opportunity for a range day (well, afternoon, actually). Planning to visit The Lead Bunker, in Jackson, and say "Hi" to one of our own there - Mr. Cocowheats.

Anyways, my quandary. I open my safe, and now I have to decide what I'm going to shoot. I have a couple of new guns to try, but what else to take along? I know I can't go wrong with a 1911, but should I take another 9mm? What about the two .40's just sitting there asking for attention? I guess I'll know when I load up the truck.

You have a TRUCK, take them ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    You have a TRUCK, take them ALL.

That said, I changed over my range bag/toolbox to a Stanley Fat Max 3 compartment toolbox. - taking 5/6 or more pistols, all the ammo I might need, extra mags, eyes/ears/range accessories/etc... no problem. Surprisingly -- it's not that heavy to lift into the back of my Jeep. Rolls around easy as it's meant for job sites.

Name:  black-stanley-portable-tool-boxes-020800r-64_1000.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  45.8 KB
    Last edited by Mkc451; 04-12-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Freedom of Speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences!

MGO Member
    When I go to the range I take long guns & handguns.
    If the rifle range is full I can just go to the pistol range.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    That said, I changed over my range bag/toolbox to a Stanley Fat 3 compartment toolbox.
    Nice ...

I am a Forum User

Only every time I go to the range..

UNLESS..I've got a NEW firearm, have done a change to a firearm, had my gunsmith do some work/ repair, or have a new load to try.
    THEN, I'm anxious to shoot a new gun, sight in the new scope, try out a new ammo load, or see how much better I like the new trigger work.
    a new load tried, or fresh change made to a firearm, gets the recipient moved to the top of the list of range tools taken.

I too often take rifles & pistols to my range..if one range is busy, I shoot @ the other...
    but again..the above criteria remains...

try to limit myself to 2 or 3 pistols, & no more than 3 rifles per range trip..(unless above rules apply.)

Sometimes, you just have to let your rules go out the window..

I am a Forum User
    I just take as much as I can fit on the table.
    (a couple more handguns didn't make the table, but did make the range)

A friend of mine and I both brought our wives and 2 daughters (4 kids total) to the range for some fun. He brought about as many guns as I did.

Sounds like fun. I have paired down to only SD handguns. No range toys. I like to concentrate on my carry gun the most (G26) but sometimes I take it's big brother. (G17) I carry the g17 mags as backup to the g26 10 round starter mag.
    Have fun!

I am a Forum User
    Is the lead bunker finally open?

That place was sposed to open October 2016.

Anything good there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast