Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Taurus TX22 review

Picked up a Taurus TX22 from Uncoiled a couple weeks back. Had the chance to put it through 4 range sessions since, 800rds total, all suppressed.

Not being new to 22 pistols, I expected some break in or ammo sensitivity.

First trip, pretty much one stovepipe per magazine, between the 3rd and 5th round in each mag. I was running 40gr Mini-Mags, switching to AE Suppressor and Tac22 helped on the first trip.

Second trip, only Mini-Mags stove piped, just like the first time. Tac22 and AE Suppressor, Geco and Gemtech and CCI subs all ran great. I think the HV MIni-Mags had the slide cycling too fast suppressed.

First trip, sights right out of the box, a little low and left.

20190309_203337_resized.jpg

Third and fourth trip were the charm, without a cleaning since the first trip, she ran like a top for around 400rds. I brought the SR22 along on the last trip just to shoot them side by side. The TX22 blows away the Ruger for ergos, sights, trigger, balance and handling.

fourth trip, SR22 headshots.

20190414_205047_resized.jpg

The Plastic mags are solid and load very easily with the included loader. The trigger is sublime, light, clean with a short reset. This gun is exceptionally easy to stay on target, the recoil is straight back with no muzzle flip.

Both targets above were at 20ft as fast as I could pull the trigger, doubles, triples and quads! Not trying for any grouping, just function and rapid fire on target.

The Taurus TX22 is now my favorite suppressor host. Still love my MKIII, but the SR22 will probably stay in the safe unless the Taurus breaks!

Extra mags are $22 bucks from Taurus, if the shipping isn't crazy, I'll get a couple more for fun!
    Last edited by Knockoff64; 04-14-2019 at 09:04 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the review. I'll definitely be picking one up now!

This one has been tempting me. They feel really nice and have a nice trigger also.

I am a Forum User
    Love mine! Lately it's been the only gun I'll take to the range! Super affordable for putting holes in paper! Out of 360 rds. of cheap Federal 36gr had a total of 4 FTE's and 1 striker hit FTF.

Also purchased mine from Joel @ Uncoiled. Extremely knowledgeable and very courteous. Will be my new go-to shop without a doubt! Well worth the 45+ minute drive!
    Last edited by ahthe3; 04-15-2019 at 09:09 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the review. I definitely want to pick one up after handling one in the store, but was leary because, well it's Taurus.

I am a Forum User
    Is the TX22 slide made of steel (magnetic)?

MGO Member
    Excellent review and thanks for the mention. We have a bunch of these in stock. They are hot sellers!
    ***Please contact me by phone @ 734-328-2480 or joel@uncoiledfirearms.com. While I do love MGO, I am unable to get on here everyday to check my inbox. All prices are plus MI sales tax unless posted otherwise. Hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00AM-8:00PM and now Saturdays, 9am-8pm and Sundays 9AM-6PM.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ahthe3 View Post
    Love mine! Lately it's been the only gun I'll take to the range! Super affordable for putting holes in paper! Out of 360 rds. of cheap Federal 36gr had a total of 4 FTE's and 1 striker hit FTF.

Also purchased mine from Joel @ Uncoiled. Extremely knowledgeable and very courteous. Will be my new go-to shop without a doubt! Well worth the 45+ minute drive!
    Thanks man!
    ***Please contact me by phone @ 734-328-2480 or joel@uncoiledfirearms.com. While I do love MGO, I am unable to get on here everyday to check my inbox. All prices are plus MI sales tax unless posted otherwise. Hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00AM-8:00PM and now Saturdays, 9am-8pm and Sundays 9AM-6PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Is the TX22 slide made of steel (magnetic)?
    No. 7075. NOT the cheap forged aluminum found in so many .22 pistols.

Taurus TX22 Specifications
    Caliber: .22LR
    Capacity: 16 round Magazine
    Finish: matte black
    Grip: textured
    Firing System: striker
    Action Type: SAO (single-action-only)
    Trigger Pull: 5 lbs.
    Safety: ambidextrous manual (optional), firing pin block, trigger safety
    Sights (front): white dot (1)
    Sights (rear): adjustable white dot (2)
    Slide Material: 7075 aluminum
    Slide Finish: black hard-coat anodized
    Overall Length: 7.06 inches
    Overall Width: 1.25 inches
    Overall Height: 5.44 inches
    Barrel Length: 4.1 inches
    Mag Release: reversible
    Weight (w/empty magazine): 17.3 ounces
    Magazines Included: 2

I was almost sold on this gun too until I saw a utube showing the plastic internals. SCARY !
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast