Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

How many think (or know) they've shot 100,000 rounds

I'm sure there are some of you, veterans, competitive shooters, etc. who have fired more than 100K rounds.

Me, maybe. I figure 10Kish as a civilian, Between crew serves and range time possibly as many as 90,000 while I served. Definitely if you count blanks! Lol.

One OPFOR range we had 25K rounds to shoot between 18 guys in a few hours. AK's, SVD's and RPK's too much fun!

If I manage to shoot my stash before I die, I'll be well over.

I am a Forum User
    15 years Canadian Infantry, 11 years on the regimental shooting team. It was not uncommon to shoot 500 rounds a day practicing. Having slug soldiers loading mags and policing brass was fun. Plus, at the end of the training year we had to burn our years allotment or lose it. 30 round mag dumps of 308 from a C2a1 was fun especially if you had 20 or 30 mags

Figure easily 100k rounds in the Army alone, not counting at least 50 civie.

I am a Forum User
    I have probably shot close to that in .22lr alone. Probably 20k in 12ga, 20-30k in 223 and god knows how much in misc handgun and rifle ammo.
    I will probably go through 5k in 223 this year, at least 1k in 12ga and 4-5k in misc handgun ammo..... that’s the plan anyway

I am a Forum User
    Do howitzer rounds count? 3 years active and eight years reserves maybe

If you count service time I'm easily over 100,000 probably close to 50,000 on an M16A1 ( no whimpy 3 round burst for me ) and I would say a good 25,000 on Ma Duece. Quite frankly between skeet and target shooting I may be at 100,000 it's hard to tell. Deer hunting - 0 rounds - times deer hunting ( Public land ) 7, number of times getting shot at 1. I guess I never real thought about it.

As an active 3 gun shooter for for 25+ yrs, machine gun owner and shooter, and general all around gun nut, I put it at 600,000 - 750,000rds
    Remember when AE 124 gr was $120 per thousand, and Winchester Q3131 was $189.00 OTD at Gibraltar trade center.
    I used to spend every weekend at the range trying to solve a problem, left hand shooting, double taps, mag changes, ect. I would drop a 1000 rds of 9mm and 5.56 WWB
    The good old days.........

Bob M

I am a Forum User
    Hadn't really thought about it myself till recently, don't even know what prompted it.

I figure I did pretty good for 4 years active duty in the broke ass '80's. 2 years in Korea kept me proficient with my M16A1 and 2 years of following the tankers to gunnery at Peason Ridge on Ft. Polk gave me quality time monthly on crew serves. I think I only qualified once in nearly 4 years as a grunt in the National Guard!

Didn't really start shooting again in earnest until about 5 years ago.

I am a Forum User
    Double tap.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by papabear View Post
    Do howitzer rounds count? 3 years active and eight years reserves maybe
    Only if TOW missiles count! Lol

2 and counting....

I've been shooting enthusiastically for 40+ years.

My buddy Russ & I used to split 10k round orders from AmmoMan back when .223 and 9mm could be had for $100/1k. We got a lot of free bling from AmmoMan when we broke 100k rounds. The UPS guy would ask us if we ever got visits from the ATF or FBI.

As kids my younger brothers and I would each grab a brick of .22 LR from Coast To Coast Hardware in Charlotte every Friday night while Mom bought groceries at A&P across the plaza. Very rarely did a brick last an entire week, particularly in the summer months.

I keep a minimum of 25k rounds of .22LR on hand, and rotate the stock often. I never keep a box more than 3 years.

I used to keep track of rounds fired through each gun, but it became rather cumbersome, so I discontinued the practice years ago. My old GP100 had 35k-ish round through it when I quit counting,, and it still makes almost every range trip with me. I've thrown out a tremendous amount of 38 Special brass that has cracked from being reloaded so many times (148 gr DEWC paper punchers).

I've worn out extractors on a couple of my 1911s and a couple of my .22s.

I had 10k rounds of .38 & .357 loaded up, all I have left now is buckets of brass that need to be reloaded. As soon as the arm heals I'll be back at the reload bench filling those cases. And, I have 10k rounds of .45 brass that I emptied myself that needs to be reloaded.

I should probably get into some kind of therapy....
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast