Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Hmmm... I'm certain I crossed that threshold a while back. Everything the Army had to offer up to and including 25mm and 40mm... and lots of it, probably met the 100k limit right there. Civilian side... nearly all commercially available calibers and some oddball stuff over the past 20 years or so.

I am a Forum User
    A lot of skeet and trap shooters will easily shoot 100,000 shotgun rounds in their careers. Each 8 pounder will yield about 3,000 rounds of 12 gauge loads.

For years, I burned an 8 pounder a month year around, and maybe an extra 8 pounder each month in the summertime when shooting under the lights was available weeknights.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    A lot of skeet and trap shooters will easily shoot 100,000 shotgun rounds in their careers.
    Then it's time to get the gun rebuilt! LOL

In a year or two, I'll have supervised over 100,000 rounds fired by youth shooters. I always like to give our athletic director those stats. 15,000 rounds fired this year with no injuries. How many injuries did the football team have?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Then it's time to get the gun rebuilt! LOL...
    My 3200 skeet killer is pretty loose, but still delivers 25's every time if I do my end of the deal. It was rebuilt twice.

Between burning up the linked 5.56 so we didn't have to stay the night at the AHA; tank table coax; running ranges and getting to do mad minutes to burn extra ammo... I'm well over that 100k mark. As a civilian, I'd say I'm north of 25k on 9mm (just based off of how many Bayou Bullets and Berry's I've ordered over the last 5 years) and somewhere in the 5 to 7k on 45ACP and about the same for 5.56. 95% of this is all handloads.
    Only maybe two of my pistols are above 5k though- a G19 and a VP9. I've spread the love out amongst the others.
    Just because of that I had my lead levels checked about 4 weeks ago and I was at a 2, so apparently I need to shoot a lot more. Or stay at a hotel in Flint, whichever.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Between burning up the linked 5.56 so we didn't have to stay the night at the AHA; tank table coax; running ranges and getting to do mad minutes to burn extra ammo... I'm well over that 100k mark. As a civilian, I'd say I'm north of 25k on 9mm (just based off of how many Bayou Bullets and Berry's I've ordered over the last 5 years) and somewhere in the 5 to 7k on 45ACP and about the same for 5.56. 95% of this is all handloads.
    Only maybe two of my pistols are above 5k though- a G19 and a VP9. I've spread the love out amongst the others.
    Just because of that I had my lead levels checked about 4 weeks ago and I was at a 2, so apparently I need to shoot a lot more. Or stay at a hotel in Flint, whichever.
    If you are reloading jacketed and/or plated/coated, and not licking the bare lead, there is little exposure. Now, if you are also casting, and not taking precautions, it is a matter of when, not if.

ETA:
    We do force the kids we teach (adults too) to wash their hands before they eat or drink after handling .22lr ammo, there is exposed lead there.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    If you are reloading jacketed and/or plated/coated, and not licking the bare lead, there is little exposure. Now, if you are also casting, and not taking precautions, it is a matter of when, not if.

ETA:
    We do force the kids we teach (adults too) to wash their hands before they eat or drink after handling .22lr ammo, there is exposed lead there.
    My concern isn't so much the actual loading, as it is the case prep and dumping the media.
    And, I'm offended at your insinuation of licking the bare lead. Only a fool does that. It tastes worse than mercury. And I should know, as I'm the king of Siam.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    My concern isn't so much the actual loading, as it is the case prep and dumping the media.
    And, I'm offended at your insinuation of licking the bare lead. Only a fool does that. It tastes worse than mercury. And I should know, as I'm the king of Siam.
    Paint eater

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Easily a 100,000 if not over 250,000 just in 22LR over 45 years. I'll probably shoot 4-5000 this year plus 3-4000 centerfire handgun rounds. Then there were multiple rifle teams, DCM, ROTC, skeet, trap, sporting clays, waterfowl hunting, all kinds of other hunting, testing reloads, and lots of casual plinking with all sorts of firearms. I used to shoot a thousand rounds some weeks with shotguns between registered targets and practice when I was competing in multiple clay target event types including 500 rounds minimum for a weekend full skeet event to shoot all 4 gauges plus doubles. I hope to shoot a couple hundred thousand more rounds before I am done. I should be halfway to a million. I'm not sure if I'll make it to million but I'll give it a try.

I am approaching the 500,000 rounds fired mark, rimfire included. I will hit the mark in a couple more years.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Patron Member, CCRC Life Member, GOA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12