Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8" GONGS

8" GONGS

Wanting to set up a set of steel plates up at the Cabin. Stumbled upon these guys on ebay. Ordered 6 of the 8" gongs. Have an idea how I'm going to set these up. Pics to come.

Just wanted to pass on the vendor. Quality of these AR500 plates is perfect. They have other sizes available too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-3-AR...72.m2749.l2649
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

a little bit of chain, screw hooks, some 1/4" nuts and bolts, a few washers to hold it all together, and hang the chain on the back of the targets to make them tilt so that splash goes down.
    A few 2x4s and a couple of sawhorse brackets from harbor freight or ace hardware. or depending on where you're at... just some paracord and a treebranch?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

You can find seconds on eBay for quite a bit less.

Myk
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    I have a 6 inch and an 8 inch AR500 plates 1/2 inch thick. Have not had any problems with 45/70,308 and other rifles denting or bending the plates.....but don't shoot them with a 556 or 223, that round will put small dents in the plates, even at 200 yds. If the dents got too bad I will just turn the plates around.

Got talked into using rubber straps instead of chain. About the same money but supposed to hold up to being shot a few times.
    Waiting for them to come in the mail. https://shootingtargets7.com/ These guys are a MI. company. ( Hudsonville ) And VETS.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

Pretty much ready to take to the cabin next week.

The frame is cyclone fence hardware. Those right angle gate adaptors make it so I can take it apart when I leave there. The straps work real well. Ended up using a type of carbineer clip on the bottom attachment for quick release. Will show them after I get it all set up next week.

Also have a magnetic stencil to use to paint a bullseye design on the gongs. Should be pretty cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Board of Directors

Mine arrived today

I'm going to try aircraft cable and see how that works. I'm sure that if I hit it that it will get cut in two, but the odds of hitting it are slim (which, in reality, means what - 1st shot out of the gun?!)

aircraft cable.jpg
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Mine arrived today

I'm going to try aircraft cable and see how that works. I'm sure that if I hit it that it will get cut in two, but the odds of hitting it are slim (which, in reality, means what - 1st shot out of the gun?!)

aircraft cable.jpg
    Whatever I hang my gongs with gets hit by someone.
    Make your hangers quick connect & easily replaceable.

I am a Forum User
    bent coat hangers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    grade 8 bolts and firehose.

I would not suggest getting steel targets that have those small "ears" for mounting. That will be your failure point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast