Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8" GONGS

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    grade 8 bolts and firehose.

I would not suggest getting steel targets that have those small "ears" for mounting. That will be your failure point.
    Mine have thousands of rounds on them with no damage to the gongs, just hanging hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    but the odds of hitting it are slim (which, in reality, means what - 1st shot out of the gun?!)
    Like when I killed my chrono with the first shot. I sold the un-named gun.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Shot a few hundred rounds at them. Wanted to do more but it was cold & rained up there all week. Flaked off some of the paint, but no damage at all to the steel itself. No misses, straps & frame etc. went unscathed. Well worth the time & money. Will be a good way to spend some quality time with the kids. Turned out pretty stable, & I like the stencil to paint the bulls eye on them.

The little holders for the clay targets are pretty cool too. Just shot 22's at them. The are part plastic & won't hold up too well. Already chipped 2 of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Setup looks good, like those stencil bullseyes.

ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Mine have thousands of rounds on them with no damage to the gongs, just hanging hardware.
    All of mine that have had ears, or square holes near edges have cracked.

I am a Forum User
    All of mine that have had ears, or square holes near edges have cracked.
    Mine are from shooting targets 7.

I am a Forum User
    grade 8 bolts and firehose.

I would not suggest getting steel targets that have those small "ears" for mounting. That will be your failure point.
    I've been looking for steel since I read this thread. I ordered some 3" plates and they are a lot harder to hit than I thought. Plus no satisfying sound when you hit them. I'm looking for 6" and 8" ones. Except for the smaller sizes everybody is selling targets with 2 ears. Do you have a source for good single hole plates?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    I've been looking for steel since I read this thread. I ordered some 3" plates and they are a lot harder to hit than I thought. Plus no satisfying sound when you hit them. I'm looking for 6" and 8" ones. Except for the smaller sizes everybody is selling targets with 2 ears. Do you have a source for good single hole plates?
    If DP had a failure on his 2 eared gongs, he bought from the wrong company.

I have shot through a 1/4" gong with an AR15 at 35 yds but that was MY fault.

I have a few 3/8" and they take everything I throw at them. Rifles from 100 yds is my new rule.

Take a look at this guy, As I recall, he is a MI company. https://shootingtargets7.com/selection

Guess I already replied to this thread. Sorry.

˝ " will cost a bit more up front. But, they will hold up to most anything you toss at it. Have shot mine with 44 mag @10 yds & they don't even scratch. If you mount the plates rigidly, that will cause more damage, in more ways than one. Ricochet is a real possibility.

Also if the gongs are cut with a torch, the ears & the outer part of the gong will be weak.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast