Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Garand refinish

I am a Forum User

Garand refinish

Is there anyone in MI that can reparkerize a garand?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by sargent View Post
    Tim Shufflin of Shuff’s Parkerizing in jerome, MI.

Quote Originally Posted by sargent View Post
    Do it yourself. It is fun and rewarding. Not hard either. I bought a really nice kit of chemicals online. I will post the website later. You can contact them to get the correct kit for a Garand.

I am a Forum User
    The M1 Garand gas cylinder is the most difficult part to refinish. They were forged from several different martensitic stainless steels over time, hardened, machined, and then finished by a number of different processes. Some were depassivated and blued, some were iron plated and blued, some were iron plated and phosphated, and many were copper plated and sulphide blackened. All of these finishing processes are beyond the home hobbyist, which is why you see a lot of painted gas cylinders. Paint was never an Ordnance approved finish for Garand gas cylinders.

I am a Forum User
    Tim Shufflin does excellent work at very reasonable prices. I had him build one of his Mini Gs a few years back and just love that rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post
    Tim Shufflin does excellent work at very reasonable prices. I had him build one of his Mini Gs a few years back and just love that rifle.
    thats the known guy for garands, I am sorta into them, and before I was even into them, I knew his name from the gun mags and gun blogs.

He is the guy.