Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    I’m not an attorney...

A trust can be transferred, bought, sold. At this point the transfer of a trust (and its contents) does not require ATF approval.

Quote Originally Posted by jmacken37 View Post
    I’m not an attorney...

A trust can be transferred, bought, sold. At this point the transfer of a trust (and its contents) does not require ATF approval.
    Ah. You mean buying an item already on a one shot trust. I thought you were referring to the first item on each trust.

Banned
    Interesting...

How much are they charging for the one shot trust?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Interesting...

How much are they charging for the one shot trust?
    They're $25 from SilencerShop. I did one when I ordered my first suppressor, but when I bought my second can and a SBS (thanks supaf1y!) I bought them as an individual.

I don't believe that you can "sell" an NFA trust. You can make someone else a trustee and then you can resign from the trust though, which will have the same effect. I see this discussed on forums sometimes but nobody wants to be the test case when the BATF argues that it's an illegal transfer of an NFA item (Or the IRS argues that it's tax evasion).

Can more than one person be on the Silencershop one shot trust? I assumed they were only one person per trust as set up.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Geniusjim View Post
    Can more than one person be on the Silencershop one shot trust? I assumed they were only one person per trust as set up.
    I honestly don’t remember. You’d have to read the FAQ’s on their site.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
    They're $25 from SilencerShop. I did one when I ordered my first suppressor, but when I bought my second can and a SBS (thanks supaf1y!) I bought them as an individual.

I don't believe that you can "sell" an NFA trust. You can make someone else a trustee and then you can resign from the trust though, which will have the same effect. I see this discussed on forums sometimes but nobody wants to be the test case when the BATF argues that it's an illegal transfer of an NFA item (Or the IRS argues that it's tax evasion).
    How would they know it had happened, to even bother trying to prove it? It's legal, and it has been done. Probably being done more now than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    How does that work?
    When you submit the trust, you send in fingerprints and pictures. I believe how it works is these stay on file and are good for a period of time, that period of time I cant remember off the top of my head...something line a year or 18 months...I think.

There has to be a downside to the cheap trusts and a good one from an actual lawyer though right?

Im not trying to hijack but I was going to post something very similar and its better for everyone to just keep all info in one place. I am also very interested as I want to SBR a Colt I have and I will probably getting a suppressor or two at some point this year and Ive always struggled with the individual thing or a trust and whether not the cheap trusts were actually worth the paper they were printed on if they ever had to actually be "used". Like in the case I die would there be a hassle for say my kids getting the items on it.
    Last edited by loki993; 04-22-2020 at 12:58 PM.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by win**** View Post
    She's of the current mindset that she will just turn everything over to the PD if I'm gone since she won't want to deal with it.
    All the more reason to create a gun trust and have me on it.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Okay, just curious... who really comes looking if someone with NFA stuff dies? Especially if no one tells them (the hermit with the gear dropped and no one was there to hear him)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12