Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User

Favorite Gun Shop?

Hey fellow Michiganders, I am about to purchase quite a few more guns (going to finally get an AR15, probably a new ruger 10/22 tactical and a few pistols). Purchasing this much made me think, what would be the best place to buy all these new guns? I have a decent gun shop I go to (Michi-gun) but I am curious as to what others like.

So, if you live in Michigan (preferably southeastern/metro detroit preferably), what is your favorite gun shop?

Thanks

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User

Favorite Gun Shop?

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    search noobie:
    That thread hasn't had a reply in 9 years!

OP, it depends on your location. Where are you?
    I've bought a lot off this very site. You typically get a more knowledgeable seller, a better price, and no sales tax.
    Guns Galore in Fenton has a good selection amd good prices but are known for pretty poor attitude towards customers (some of the associates, not all).
    Cabelas and Field & Stream occasionally have good prices.
    Michigan Shooting Center at Bald Mountain has a good selection of good guns (nothing cheap).
    I like the guys at Motor City Gun Works but they don't have a huge selection.

MGO Member
    Huron Valley Guns. Hands down.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

your best bet is to watch the website gun.deals and figure out how low prices can get, then order from the lowest vendor you can find, ship to a local FFL who charges reasonable transfer rates and will give you a deal if you transfer a few at a time.
    Good transfer rates will be in the $10-$25 range, depending on where you are and how convenient the FFL is for you.

I don't have a huge collection... but this is how I get a good collection at a decent price. And mine is enough to make small police departments jealous.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    There's at least one member on MGO that'll do FFL transfers in and out for $25.
    https://seararms.com
    He's in Livonia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by due51 View Post
    That thread hasn't had a reply in 9 years!

OP, it depends on your location. Where are you?
    I've bought a lot off this very site. You typically get a more knowledgeable seller, a better price, and no sales tax.
    Guns Galore in Fenton has a good selection amd good prices but are known for pretty poor attitude towards customers (some of the associates, not all).
    Cabelas and Field & Stream occasionally have good prices.
    Michigan Shooting Center at Bald Mountain has a good selection of good guns (nothing cheap).
    I like the guys at Motor City Gun Works but they don't have a huge selection.
    No doubt...that is one thing that ticks me off about this forum. So over policed. This place is next to crickets compared to some forums I visit. New threads should be embraced as I cannot remember the last time I got annoyed because I had to sift through so many annoying new threads on mgo. Rant over.

I have done business with William's, guns galore, Oakland tactical,Gander Outdoors and accurate firearms. The only two I care to really do business with in the future are William's and gander. No experience with other shops.

Only other thing. Please do not buy a thing at field and stream. They are a subsidy of dicks sporting goods.
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Hands down,

Uncoiled Firearms in Westland

https://www.uncoiledfirearms.com/

They are at the Novi gun show this weekend

North east corner of the room.

$20 for transfers & I think $5 each additional.

All the crew are great, the owner Joel is tops & a big MGO supporter, Last year for our Holiday meeting & get together he donated 2 $50 gift cards for the prize table.

More at this link here on members experience at Uncoiled,

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...and-Great-Shop!

MGO Board of Directors

I agree with SeeTee, Uncoiled is my new go to LGS. They will at least get first crack at any new purchases. They are a good group of people, like hanging out with buddies that happen to sell guns.

I am a Forum User
    I had great experiences buying and selling at Shooters Service in Livonia for decades, Rodger, Gary And Herb are stand up guys and they have a good selection.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast