Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Nice welcome to the forum for a new member...NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    They are always opening and closing. Pointe trap closed, new on in SCS opened. This is in two months with in 3 miles of me.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    ...new on in SCS opened...
    ooh, thanks.
    doesn't look like they have a building bench though. RIP pointe trap.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Stay away from johnsons sporting goods in Adrain Mi..As of late they have went to hell in a hand basket.One of the half owners is rude as H-LL to customers.Used to be my go to gun shop the past 35 years,no more had enough of the rude chit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    Stay away from johnsons sporting goods.As of late they have went to hell in a hand basket.One of the half owners is rude as H-LL to customers.Used to be my go to gun shop the past 35 years,no more had enough of the rude chit.
    Yeah I hate that. Why I hate guns galore in Fenton. Won't go there unless they really have something I want that isn't found elsewhere. Accurate firearms in Waterford offered me 450 trade in on an 1100 dollar gun purchased there so they can go pound sand. Oakland tactical couldn't even tighten the rings around a rifle scope on a 30 dollar mount/bore sight. I got home and went to turn up the power on the scope and it rotated in the rings...lol. Utter incompetence.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Citoricx View Post
    Yeah I hate that. Why I hate guns galore in Fenton. Won't go there unless they really have something I want that isn't found elsewhere. Accurate firearms in Waterford offered me 450 trade in on an 1100 dollar gun purchased there so they can go pound sand. Oakland tactical couldn't even tighten the rings around a rifle scope on a 30 dollar mount/bore sight. I got home and went to turn up the power on the scope and it rotated in the rings...lol. Utter incompetence.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Their trade in price probably pretty close to everyone’s offer. From what I’ve seen 40% of new is where most gun shops start when looking at trades. They seem to look at guns like cars, sign your name to the papers and the value just dropped 50% and you’re still in the building.
    That’s why the suggestion to list here for sale is so often seen when people want to know what to ask for their firearms.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Their trade in price probably pretty close to everyone’s offer. From what I’ve seen 40% of new is where most gun shops start when looking at trades. They seem to look at guns like cars, sign your name to the papers and the value just dropped 50% and you’re still in the building.
    That’s why the suggestion to list here for sale is so often seen when people want to know what to ask for their firearms.
    I couldn't agree more. First the Gun Shop made very little profit on your gun purchase, probably netted less than 5%. By the time you figure rent, utilities, Payroll, insurance, and the time it takes to sell a firearm, no one can make it in this business selling guns only. Almost ALL stores try to net closer to normal retail gross margins (35-50%) on used guns because unlike new product which is bought on credit, they have to pay cash for it. A trade or sale to gun shop will always be for used WHOLESALE unless they want to go out of business.

I am a Forum User
    The problem with accurate is they then sell the guns for darn near new cost. Well, new online pricing anyways. The only part that bugs me is they won't budge on the price at all. I'm not sure how common that is since ive only bought one gun. Bit of a turn off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by irocss85 View Post
    The problem with accurate is they then sell the guns for darn near new cost. Well, new online pricing anyways. The only part that bugs me is they won't budge on the price at all. I'm not sure how common that is since ive only bought one gun. Bit of a turn off.

They have to make their numbers. You can't fall short and make it up in volume.

It's all math.

Buy used private party, trade, or buy new if you don't like it

I am a Forum User
    I've been through the thought process actually. Thanks. I do want to support local business. That's why I paid $250 for a used creed. Even though that's the same cost as new on cdnn. They have a rifle I think im gonna buy too. Same deal though. Almost as much as new. If it's clean like my creed was I'll be buying it.
    The benefits are no messing with ffl, waiting for shipping, explaining to the wife what the big purchase on the card is, and they offer lay away. Plus supporting the brick and mortar. I'm not bashing accurate. I like them. Just expressing that I was surprised they don't take offers at all.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast