Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

need to borrow go/nogo 5.56 ASAP

Realized i'm probably going to be building ARs on easter with the family...
    I'd like to have some gauges to check the bolts/barrels.
    Anybody in the madison/warren/RO/ferndale area have some gauges I can pick up on sat 4/20 evening?

I've never actually used them before, just counted on spec to be good enough. but i'd feel awful about teaching somebody to build a rifle and have them blow their cheek off...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I don't have one, but good on you for doing builds with the family. Very cool!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

beforeandafter.jpg

I wouldn't let my nephew take the gun he built with him until I get it checked out.
    It was the nicest family holiday in a long long time. We all ate, once the kids started getting too loud, 4 of us men folk went out to the garage - 2 of us to build, the other two to help/watch/hand over tools. Some of the other guys came out now and again to check on the progress. some of the women did too. none of the kids came out
    Function/safety checks worked fine, both guns loaded/ejected mags and cycled dummy rounds like champs. things look good so far. I just hope to get it checked out and get it back in his hands soon.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Look great! Personally, with the Aero products, I wouldn't even bother with go/no-go gauges. But ... understandable in your situation.

I am a Forum User
    I have 223.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Look great! Personally, with the Aero products, I wouldn't even bother with go/no-go gauges. But ... understandable in your situation.
    barrels are not aero. bolts are.
    that's my concern, though i'm not really all THAT concerned... I just don't want to make sure I don't blow the young man's face off.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Realized i'm probably going to be building ARs on easter with the family...
    I'd like to have some gauges to check the bolts/barrels.
    Anybody in the madison/warren/RO/ferndale area have some gauges I can pick up on sat 4/20 evening?

I've never actually used them before, just counted on spec to be good enough. but i'd feel awful about teaching somebody to build a rifle and have them blow their cheek off...
    I have an armorer's field gauge.
    I know it's not what you asked for, but it's what I've got and I'm close to you.
    Oops, just re-read your post. Seems I'm a little late.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

well, brownells delivered.
    both bcgs close fine on the "go" but do NOT go flush into the upper on the "no go".
    I guess i didn't have much doubt... but better safe than sorry.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    well, brownells delivered.
    both bcgs close fine on the "go" but do NOT go flush into the upper on the "no go".
    I guess i didn't have much doubt... but better safe than sorry.
    Well, look on the bright side: Now everybody else knows who to contact if they want to use 5.56 go/no-go gauges ...