Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I have always used a dab of Birchwood Casey grease on gun rails. I actually clean my guns after every shoot, so build up is not an issue. Rarely shoot outside in the cold, but if I do I would just use a squirt of Mobil ONE.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joshputman View Post
    I'm currently using STP Oil Treatment on my pistols slide rails. It's fairly thick, but seems pretty slick.

Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    it's good stuff, you can thin it was a bit of ATF, mix well. Paint it on with a brush.

In Memoriam Forum User
    It depends on the particular 1911 and various conditions. High end 1911's are machined very precise to close tolerances in order to achieve accuracy. I've had several so tight they would not function reliably using 20W oil at temperatures below 20 degrees. Some guys use grease to keep their cheap guns from rattling.

Quote Originally Posted by zcolt45 View Post
    Acc-U-Rail by Doug Jones, Rochester Hills, MI --> acc-u-rail.com/

Accuracy! A Patented slide and frame tightening system which improves accuracy and mechanical functioning. For 1911's, Available for: Colt, Caspian, STI, SV, ...

Runs smooth as silk with Mobil 1 oil, on my stainless steel 1911 and other 1911's
    I have a custom built 70 series that was sent to Doug. Will beat the LB 1.5" guarantee every day. I've got a couple 2011's that I'm going to send Doug's way eventually as well. It just flat out works and is a lot easier than reforming the rails.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    RIG +P for me, applied with a toothpick. Always.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234