Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Legal DD's in Michigan?

Does anyone know what DD's are legal/not legal in Michigan? I have found conflicting information.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Shyster?
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by john galt View Post
    Does anyone know what DD's are legal/not legal in Michigan? I have found conflicting information.
    I sure hope so, they are my favorite ...unless you're talking destructive devices, then I don't have a clue.

All I can say is that the BATFE does approve Form 1s for Michigan and they are usually pretty up on State laws. They will not approve if it goes against State or local law.

It really depends on what you mean by "DD". If you are talking "street sweeper", there are only Federal regulations. If you are talking certain "flare launchers", there are some State laws. If you are talking explosives, I believe there are some State laws on that too.

"DD" is to broad of a class to place a yes or no answer on.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

All DDs are legal in Michigan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    All DDs are legal in Michigan
    This.

Now there are some difficulties on a Form 4 as far as dealers doing a transfer for someone. But that's about it.

And I think the douche who used to be the only DD SOT quit dealing with mere peasants anyway. Can't remember his name, but he was not well liked.

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    This.

Now there are some difficulties on a Form 4 as far as dealers doing a transfer for someone. But that's about it.

And I think the douche who used to be the only DD SOT quit dealing with mere peasants anyway. Can't remember his name, but he was not well liked.
    Any NFA dealer can do the transfer. Its pretty easy.
    Just need a letter included with the Form 4 stating that there are no DD Dealers in the area that will do transfers. (Or that they are too far for you to drive)

I do it all the time.
    ATF always harasses me about getting a DD license, and I say, "Lower the price to $150 and I will"
    They can't stop someone from buying it, so they HAVE to allow SOMEONE to transfer it.

there is a stickied thread on g503.com under the artillery forum, that says cannons/anti tank guns are illegal in michigan. I have a registered dd in michigan, and was interested in a puteaux anti tank gun, but this guys opinion is that they are illegal in michigan, and I dont trust/want anything to do with the dd dealer that did the transfer on my dd, and havent been able to get any knowledgable individuals opinion, or any citations to applicable laws for or against, that i can look up. I havent even been able to find any one with a registered cannon/anti-tank gun in michigan. I would hate to drop 5 figures on a gun, and not be able to take possession. just trying to do some due dilligence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by john galt View Post
    there is a stickied thread on g503.com under the artillery forum, that says cannons/anti tank guns are illegal in michigan. I have a registered dd in michigan, and was interested in a puteaux anti tank gun, but this guys opinion is that they are illegal in michigan, and I dont trust/want anything to do with the dd dealer that did the transfer on my dd, and havent been able to get any knowledgable individuals opinion, or any citations to applicable laws for or against, that i can look up. I havent even been able to find any one with a registered cannon/anti-tank gun in michigan. I would hate to drop 5 figures on a gun, and not be able to take possession. just trying to do some due dilligence.
    There's guys here with Anzio 20mm rifles in MI. BMG is legal.

This is the ONLY reference I've heard, and you're getting it secondhand from some forum I've never heard of.

Talk to Coctailer, resubmit if you have to.