Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Trijicon RMR Issues

Has anyone had any problems with Trijicon RMR Red Dot sights? Unfortunately I have two and both have been sent in due to the dot disappearing after a number of rounds. The RMR01 (mounted on a Sig 45) was sent in twice and I finally argued for them to replace it (recently received and still testing). I also recently bought a Trijicon RMR07 and after 500 rounds through a 1911 9mm it too had intermittent red dot disappearing act (same problem as RMR01). I'm sure you all are wondering why would I buy another with the history I've encountered? I had Lasix done a few years back which ruined my ability to accurately use Iron sights (I'm ok with iron but wouldn't risk my life with it) so I did my due diligent's on red dots and Trijicon won. I really believed I had and anomaly, and its amazing what I can hit with this sight. I believe the test of a business is how it reacts when a problem occurs, in this case Trijicon's customer service responded fabulously. However my confidence is shaken with the advent of a second unit having the same problem. Maybe I'm just unlucky, or lucky I have encountered this problem at the range. Anyone with a similar story?

I did too. I replaced the battery and ever so slightly bent the battery contact to ensure a better contact. No more problems. A quick Google search showed that this is somewhat of a common issue as well as the correct remedy.

I am a Forum User
    are these type 1s? this was one of the primary changes/fixes to the type 2.

Quote Originally Posted by darnette View Post
    I did too. I replaced the battery and ever so slightly bent the battery contact to ensure a better contact. No more problems. A quick Google search showed that this is somewhat of a common issue as well as the correct remedy.
    Hmm. A little dab of RTV, or soft-set hot glue, or similar might be a worthy addition to prevent the contact from bending/flexing and possibly causing issue down the road.

I can no longer see my sights, so am considering installing RMRs on several pistols. I'll watch this thread to see what bubbles up!
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Member
    Battleworx sells a replacement bottom plate that forces the battery into the contacts more. I haven't had any problems since I replaced the stock one with it. I think it was around $15 only as well.