Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is a result of poor education and lack of etiquette.

No one likely has ever taught them and even more likely they've never sought guidance regarding range etiquette.

Like you I'm a little anal about my targets and have some that must be 20 years old, all cataloged in a binder.

I am a Forum User
    I just had this happened a couple of weeks back on a pistol range. I was doing some shooting after the open-range time ended and after doing RSO duty. I was the only one on the range. Had a guy show up wanting to shoot. I figured I was shooting so why not let him go ahead. I asked if he had self supervised shooter status, and he did not. Basically, I let him shoot along with me as my guest. He was shooting 2 bays over to my right. I was set up in two adjacent bays right at the distance split shooting targets at two different distances intermittently with a couple different guns. I was shooting my close target in the left bay. I had been shooting my right target at the longer distance while he was shooting. It wasn't like he didn't know that was my target. One of his targets wasn't very well attached to the backer, and it fell down at some point, so he decided to just start shooting my target. I just kind of looked at him with a what the? look, and he said something like oh, one of my targets fell down. I said well I think we're done here. Pack up and head out. I should really have giving him an ear full. It had been a great day, and I just didn't feel like getting into it. He got the message.

MGO Member
    This is just a consequence of an impolite society. Or they think they deserve something for free. Just sick!

You'd think they would at least ask first.

Rude, inconsiderate, childish, selfish... but ultimately just an annoyance.

And, given their 100 yard .22 LR accuracy, it may well have been unintended!

Some people's kids.... sigh.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    There's always someone in every group to yuck it up for the rest.

Many people are just inconsiderate a-holes and nothing anyone does will change them.

Life is too short. Don't let something like this ruin your day.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrema312 View Post
    I just had this happened a couple of weeks back on a pistol range. I was doing some shooting after the open-range time ended and after doing RSO duty. I was the only one on the range. Had a guy show up wanting to shoot. I figured I was shooting so why not let him go ahead. I asked if he had self supervised shooter status, and he did not. Basically, I let him shoot along with me as my guest. He was shooting 2 bays over to my right. I was set up in two adjacent bays right at the distance split shooting targets at two different distances intermittently with a couple different guns. I was shooting my close target in the left bay. I had been shooting my right target at the longer distance while he was shooting. It wasn't like he didn't know that was my target. One of his targets wasn't very well attached to the backer, and it fell down at some point, so he decided to just start shooting my target. I just kind of looked at him with a what the? look, and he said something like oh, one of my targets fell down. I said well I think we're done here. Pack up and head out. I should really have giving him an ear full. It had been a great day, and I just didn't feel like getting into it. He got the message.
    This right here is the reason why when I was a RSO at SMGC, I didn't allow anyone other than other RSOs or SSS on the range after public shooting hours. There's at least 2 signs I'm aware of that say the hours and who can shoot at other times outside public shooting times. If they couldn't pay attention to that; pay attention to the training to use the range; or scratch their heads why the range was so empty- I have concerns they would be stupid in a no-stupid zone.
    To the OP, on the plus side, if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you while shooting a firearm, I'd consider it a win.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12