Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Synagogue Shooting ‘Rationally Calls for More Gun Ownership’

Synagogue Shooting ‘Rationally Calls for More Gun Ownership’

By ROBERT KRAYCHIK
    30 Apr 2019
    Breitbart

During his eponymous radio show on Monday, Dennis Prager noted the necessity of firearms in stopping criminal violence while reflecting on Saturday’s shooting at a San-Diego-area synagogue. Prager said:

A rabbi in the area was interviewed close by — he has a nearby synagogue — and spoke about how this clearly shows the need for more gun control, and I don’t get it. Doesn’t it rationally call for more gun ownership? Obviously, with all sorts of rules and standards, that would apply about who would have this, but I find it odd. You don’t want somebody with a gun in a synagogue or a school? You don’t? You think that that is a better way to forestall violence or prevent further violence when it is literally the only way to stop? There is no other way.

“A 19-year-old man has been charged with murder and three counts of attempted murder in the weekend attack on a Southern California synagogue,” reported the Associated Press.

A U.S. Border Patrol who stopped the shooting was given a gun by an armed parishioner at the Chabad of Poway, reported Breitbart News.

“A suspect opened fire in the Chabad of Poway, wounding three individuals and killing one,” reported Breitbart News last Saturday. “A good guy with a gun, off-duty Border Patrol Agent Jonathan Morales, was able to shoot back. Morales chased after the attacker and shot at him as he got into his vehicle to flee.”

Assorted Democrats called for further erosion of Second Amendment protections of the right to bear arms in the wake of Saturday’s shooting, decrying “gun violence.”

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I hadn't heard that the poor shooting from the CBP agent was done by a gun he was given by somebody else. It answers a lot of questions, but raises this one - why haven't I heard that until now?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    I forgot the Rabbi's name, but a few years ago a NY rabbi said that "remembering the holocaust, no good Jew embraces gun control, and instead is a good Jew if he owns guns for protection."
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I hadn't heard that the poor shooting from the CBP agent was done by a gun he was given by somebody else. It answers a lot of questions, but raises this one - why haven't I heard that until now?
    I've heard it,or read it on other media sites,but the larger question is why wasn't this border agent armed himself?
    ...Which could have then been two good guys with a gun,instead of just one.

I am a Forum User
    It’s the media, they pick and choose their reporting as it meets their criteria. The news channel where I live had not as yet made any mention of a “good guy with a gun” . They said the shooter, just ran out of the building. Also heard a ar15 was used and later heard that the ar was in the car , but the shooter had a pistol.